Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

5 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I think I low balled too much on my totals for in here. Numbers out in Ohio are promising. Maybe a tick up to whatever I have. Good luck to all my northern brethren. I'm hoping to see asteroids falling for a few hours to get my sloppy inch of paste down here. I'll be up for it thanks to overnights. Hope I have so company for later :) 

I'll be here! Thanks so much for you input to this thread. The gratitude really can't be expressed enough for all the awesome mets we have chiming in on this subforum. Here's to an overperformer for all of us :snowing:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I low balled too much on my totals for in here. Numbers out in Ohio are promising. Maybe a tick up to whatever I have. Good luck to all my northern brethren. I'm hoping to see asteroids falling for a few hours to get my sloppy inch of paste down here. I'll be up for it thanks to overnights. Hope I have so company for later  

I'm wondering what you think for southern York county. Sitting at 48 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to 37 here currently, which is the new low for the day. I'm actually off work tomorrow, so this one isn't bothering me, and I may even get up early to watch the show. I hope it's a good one...

Oh, and a sincere thanks to both MAG and Millville for their thoughts and analysis on this storm!

17 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I think I low balled too much on my totals for in here. Numbers out in Ohio are promising. Maybe a tick up to whatever I have. Good luck to all my northern brethren. I'm hoping to see asteroids falling for a few hours to get my sloppy inch of paste down here. I'll be up for it thanks to overnights. Hope I have so company for later :) 

I'm sure i'll be posting updates/obs most of the night. Think the main precip should be starting around here by about 10 or so. 

28 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I'm getting home from work at 2am and will be staying up for a good while. I'll keep you company. :)

31 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I'm sure i'll be posting updates/obs most of the night. Think the main precip should be starting around here by about 10 or so. 

Nice! Should be a nice event out your way. HRRR been consistent on timing for out there, so not much longer until you get in on the action.

20 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I'm getting home from work at 2am and will be staying up for a good while. I'll keep you company. :)

This should be a pretty good night. It's about time we had an area wide event to track and reap the rewards. Thanks to everyone for their gratitude. I love forecasting and it's what I do for a living. MAG has done a great job being the main Met in here. I'll post my thoughts and analysis when needed but he runs the show. Hoping everyone cashes in tonight. May the snow fall and the coffee run through your veins. 

Mesoscale Discussion 0162
   NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
   0840 PM CST Wed Feb 08 2017

Areas affected...Southeast OH...western PA...northern WV panhandle

Concerning...Heavy snow 

Valid 090240Z - 090645Z

SUMMARY...A band of moderate to occasionally heavy snow is expected
   to develop across the region over the next few hours.

DISCUSSION...Current regional radar imagery and surface observations
   show an area of moderate snow moving across central and western OH,
   while areas farther south (southern OH and western WV) are still
   mostly rain. Observational trends and current guidance suggest this
   broad area of precipitation will continue eastward/northeastward
   into southeast OH, western PA, and the northern WV panhandle.
   Precipitation intensity is also expected to increase as low and
   mid-level frontogenesis strengthens in response to overall
   maturation of the mid-level cyclone. As a result, a band of moderate
   to occasionally heavy snowfall is expected to develop across the
   region over the next few hours. Snowfall rates over an inch an hour
   with brief/localized instances of 2 inch per hour possible.

..Mosier.. 02/09/2017

You can see the 850-700 mb frontogenesis maximum the MD refers to already over southern OH/far western PA. It's associated with the secondary circulations of the jet streaks to the north and south.

857f.gif?1486608073105

Archived