Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, AllWeather said:

Agreed. Going from rain to snow south of the TP is tough. Notoriously eats QPF as rain. I'd cut the 4K NAM totals in half, especially south of the TP and roll with that. 

Is the 4k your Mezo model of choice?

Higher res, better themal, qpf fields??  What say you?

Nut

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Is the 4k your Mezo model of choice?

Higher res, better themal, qpf fields??  What say you?

Nut

Ehh, 4K has a tendency to do some funky stuff with dynamics occasionally. Thermally, it tends to cool things off too quickly, but for clouds/precip shield it tends to be my short term go to. Areas that get under more intense bands will cool better and thus do better with amounts. At the upper levels at least, that area looks to be from SC PA up into New England   

14 minutes ago, AllWeather said:

Ehh, 4K has a tendency to do some funky stuff with dynamics occasionally. Thermally, it tends to cool things off too quickly, but for clouds/precip shield it tends to be my short term go to. Areas that get under more intense bands will cool better and thus do better with amounts. At the upper levels at least, that area looks to be from SC PA up into New England   

Thanks Matt.  Good luck w/ your forecast.....

for Lancaster :).

Ridin the line baby....ridin the line.

Gotta smell the rain for the best snow....right?

Im trying to wish this one in down here, but expect todays glory to be tomorrows gloom down here.  Hope i'm wrong.

Nut

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Thanks Matt.  Good luck w/ your forecast.....

for Lancaster :).

Ridin the line baby....ridin the line.

Gotta smell the rain for the best snow....right?

Im trying to wish this one in down here, but expect todays glory to be tomorrows gloom down here.  Hope i'm wrong.

Nut

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

We will see lol, honestly want to see pasnownut and maytown get a good hit, they love this stuff! I figure if I act more interested in snow  nut will give severe a chance.

They are infectious. :drunk:

7 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

We will see lol, honestly want to see pasnownut and maytown get a good hit, they love this stuff! I figure if I act more interested in snow  nut will give severe a chance.

dont push it....

I'm in need of a good therapist from this "winter".

we'll see how good my Doc is...i'll get back to ya.

Nut.

Full disclosure...i' like me a good thunderstorm.  Just not a fan of destructiive storms.  Guess I'm a sissy at heart.

6 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

No...well, maybe. I agree in principle about getting under good banding, but you need to understand that we do NOT do changeovers well down here. Very, very rarely do...

what he said.

Ukie coming in tucked.  can I borrow someones fingernails to bite...?  Mine are gone.

Nut

Looking at guidance, I think the areas from Franklin over to Central York should be okay for the southern tier of the sub-forum. I think the questions arise once toward the Susquehanna, but higher elevation areas will certainly get the benefit. I want to put out a general forecast for the southern tier, but I'll hold off for now. At this point, I see 2-5" with local up to 8" being the call from MD Line to the NE. Snow consistency will be heavy wet paste, so areas with snow will be picturesque Thursday morning.

Edit: Euro continues my thinking and even upped the ante, but with a marginal setup, I don't see myself pulling the trigger on the higher totals. Definitely going to be a huge paste bomb for someone.  

6 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

Just Saying :P

accuweather.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

:lol: Part of me is definitely jealous, just trying to keep things positive in here. Maybe someday we will get a 6" storm here again.

Still, I'll take 2-4, especially since this was looking like a non-event not too long ago. And pattern is looking good for the rest of the month. 

2 minutes ago, skiier04 said:

:lol: Part of me is definitely jealous, just trying to keep things positive in here. Maybe someday we will get a 6" storm here again.

Still, I'll take 2-4, especially since this was looking like a non-event not too long ago. And pattern is looking good for the rest of the month. 

Im just having a little fun with ya!!

Yep would be thrilled with a few inches here as well.

Archived