Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

3 minutes ago, skiier04 said:

Thanks to all the pro mets as always for adding their input to this thread! Very interesting and dynamic system even if it doesn't end up as white as we'd all like. Definitely a learning experience.

Yeah it's nice to get some real analysis thrown in.

Mag thanks for the homework....I will play around with the math tomorrow...;)

Nut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NWS in Binghamton New York has issued a Winter Weather Advisory this cancels the Winter Storm Watch it is a downgrade from the Winter Storm Watch as it isn't a WInter Storm Warning, however, please keep in mind Hazardous Weather conditions will occur.. The Advisory is from 1 PM today to 1 PM Tuesday ......

yes the kids are making up their own forecasts again.  At least their mom isn't forecasting for them this time.

13 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Looks odd one half of county has warning and other no advisory even. Thing is, I'm at over 1100 feet and plenty of areas in southern lycoming have elevation.

Lycoming county often does that.  CTP has split you N/S on many occasion over the years.  

Its that heat blanket that you keep on all year...and your vodoo dolls. ;)

Nut 

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Lycoming county often does that.  CTP has split you N/S on many occasion over the years.  

Its that heat blanket that you keep on all year...and your vodoo dolls. ;)

Nut 

They do that usually as Warning vs Advisory but in this case it's warning vs. no headline. Sitting at 36.8 waiting on rain to start.

13 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

They do that usually as Warning vs Advisory but in this case it's warning vs. no headline. Sitting at 36.8 waiting on rain to start.

rain starts midday for you.  Steady down here already.  You transition late afternoon.  I sit and stare at cameras as digital snow is all i get.

Nut

15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I almost spit my drink.....had to look at timestamp.  

Is praying for weather related things to happen acceptable??

Nut

General George Patton awarded a chaplain a medal or citation for a prayer that asked for clear weather before an important battle. I say go for it!.

3 minutes ago, Jmister said:

It's time to start focusing on the observations and specifically current ptype. Does anyone have a good tool that shows who's reporting rain/snow/sleet? Highway cams are good too but I remember there was a site (maybe NWS?) that did this.

The aviation weather site has a good interactive display of METAR observations here as well:

http://aviationweather.gov/metar

Bedford reported snow in its most recent observation; 39F here with light rain.

Archived