Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Long Range Discussion 2016-2017

Cary_Snow95

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

JB seems to be tweeting warm (and that in and of itself is a double edged sword)

Quote:

1 of Basic problems of US models is their rush to a result.Example Canadian 384 hour, western trof, US trying to flip to colder looks wrong

emphasis supplied

Since he's right about as many times as Miami goes below freezing, I'm not concerned with his thoughts! If he wasn't such a quack, he'd be interested in the wedging around Christmas, that's going to have a lot of us below normal, while the rest of the east is torching 

56 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

My next date is December 31st to see at least some changes in the upcoming pattern. That's my target date. 

Yep...I am with you.  Below are all the nina's (that I could find) with the cold/trough west and warm east...they were complete opposite n-pac SST then what we currently have.  I know +PDO typically couples with warm ENSO so maybe it's a simple as that and that this nina is driving everything.  But, I don't think it's a coincidence that these were all strong -PDO winters and and were predominately neutral or -QBO winters, which is opposite of what we have.

Probably should note.... just because the trough in the west may not last long doesn't mean trough in the east either...although we can hope.

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.17.10 PM.png

26 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

JB seems to be tweeting warm (and that in and of itself is a double edged sword)

Quote:

1 of Basic problems of US models is their rush to a result.Example Canadian 384 hour, western trof, US trying to flip to colder looks wrong

emphasis supplied

Since he's right about as many times as Miami goes below freezing, I'm not concerned with his thoughts! If he wasn't such a quack, he'd be interested in the wedging around Christmas, that's going to have a lot of us below normal, while the rest of the east is torching 

23 minutes ago, packbacker said:

This is for mac and brick before they lose there minds over all the warmth.  EPS for NYE compared to its run 2 days ago.  #coldfrontscanhappen

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.34.04 PM.png

Pretty sure you said not long ago that December would finish AN , no matter all your wishcasting and warm anomalies pics, it's not going to happen! May the wedge be with you!

21 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Pretty sure you said not long ago that December would finish AN , no matter all your wishcasting and warm anomalies pics, it's not going to happen! May the wedge be with you!

I did...easy money.  Next 11 days will be solidly AN...cuddle up to the SER.

Unless your on Jb's Dec calendar which apparently ends on Dec 18th.

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 4.19.22 PM.png

My thoughts:

the SER has been modeled too strong  in the medium/long range like others have said. 

Its been around normal to slightly below for most of us this month.  That said the pattern is still horrible at the moment.  I don't see any way to score until some big players get shaken up a bit.  I'll take cool and cloudy in a **** pattern over warm and muggy in a **** pattern like we had last dec.

8 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

There's no way CLT , GSP, or RAH finish the whole month AN!! 0% chance of AN, 100% chance they finish below normal!

Agree on GSP anyway. I'm 3-5 below normal for the montheads which should be about the same for gsp. We would have to go above 56 the rest of the month to even be close to average.

NAO  going negative in January could mean good things for us snow lovers. As the pattern flips back add in some good blocking.

I did...easy money.  Next 11 days will be solidly AN...cuddle up to the SER.

Unless your on Jb's Dec calendar which apparently ends on Dec 18th.

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 4.19.22 PM.png

It will take steep AN temps for the rest of the month to overcome those anomalies, especially outside of the SE. Not sure if 4-5 days AN in our backyard will cut it ether l, possibly, we shall see sir.

Archived