Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 17th snow/sleet/frz rain Obs

dmillz25

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bluewave said:

That was probably the densest fog that I have seen in a while over the rapidly disappearing snowpack. The only snow left here is just some random piles.

Cold air still holding on by me , 33.7 . Just a matter of time before  the trapped cold air gets eaten away . 

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Whats with the weird pocket of colder air in rockland? Even parts of orange have jumped up but most of rockland is still in the middle 30s. 

Most likely valley areas , same here in nj . I'm 33.7 while a mile away is in the mid 40s

11 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Cold air still holding on by me , 33.7 . Just a matter of time before  thetrapped cold air gets eaten away . 

Yeah, areas to the east are already into the 50's. This is one of the most impressive interior inversions over a snowpack that I have seen in a while.

SND.gif

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, areas to the east are already into the 50's. This is one of the most impressive interior inversions over a snow pack that I have seen in a while.

SND.gif

Wow, as long as the wind and rain stay light the cold air will hold for awhile 

17 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Most likely valley areas , same here in nj . I'm 33.7 while a mile away is in the mid 40s

Yeah hadnt looked at anything yet, just saw the fog outside and assumed we had jumped into the 50s like other areas. I didnt shovel thinking the rain and 50s would take care of it. Uh oh.

13 hours ago, chietanen said:

Hey guys, haven't been posting much but was lucky enough to be in the city for a conference this week. Got up at 6 am yesterday to take a stroll through the park in the snow. Captured this image that made it to NBC's website. Nothing quite so magical as snow in the city at Christmas time!

That's a really nice shot, and it's great to see you around! Hope you get the chance to post more as we head deeper into this interior winter. :)

Archived