Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 17th snow/sleet/frz rain Obs

dmillz25

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Oh ok, I was seeing some OBS from a few in Bx of close to 5... in assuming that was eyeball measurements then

well i can confirm we are over 4 inches,i dunno about 5..but it's still snowing out. cars are stuck everywhere as it seems people didnt expect this much to fall..

23 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

full blown coastal is now the primary,explains why n.y.c will most likely see a bit more snow before the changeover...

sfc_con_3pres (3).gif

I was watching a couple of different radars around 7:30 and it looked like it was starting to show a pivot just offshore of central LI.  Maybe some of us up here will get lucky and it draws down enough cold air to keep that freezing rain line below Westchester.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Anyone know what's going on at HPN? Car parked there not under cover. Thought it would get warm enough to melt everything tomorrow but sounds like that might not happen.

At the moment it looks to still be snow.  You might get lucky if you're coming home tomorrow afternoon but if Monday whatever is left on the car will likely freeze back up and be a real PITA.

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Anyone know what's going on at HPN? Car parked there not under cover. Thought it would get warm enough to melt everything tomorrow but sounds like that might not happen.

25 F and snow visibility half a mile, it was quarter of a mile with heavy snow earlier

4 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I was watching a couple of different radars around 7:30 and it looked like it was starting to show a pivot just offshore of central LI.  Maybe some of us up here will get lucky and it draws down enough cold air to keep that freezing rain line below Westchester.

At the moment it looks to still be snow.  You might get lucky if you're coming home tomorrow afternoon but if Monday whatever is left on the car will likely freeze back up and be a real PITA.

I think the freezing rain line will stay below Westchester.

Archived