• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

Temp is down to 33° now and I still have decent cover.  I can see some south facing yards are a little more bare but I think we made out pretty good with about 3-4" of snow left.  Sounds like some people didn't make out so well.

I had to take a ride between Union and Somers on some back roads and I was surprised at how well some of the hollows were holding on.  The temp at my place was about 48-49° and several places had dense fog as I drove through them and temps in the low 40s.  Those are always the last places to lose their snow and you can really see why on a day like today.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks like we may have mixed out here, Spiked to 39°F, Dropped back to 38°F

Yeah we had a high of 41F briefly but already down to 27F and dropping fast. 

Looks like we've locked up tight now with 7-8" left on the ground.  What was a fluffy cold snowpack is now like parking lot concrete.

Haven't seen the river behind the house this full in a long time, ha.  Always seems to be winter when its really flowing.  I'd love it to look like this in July for tubing, haha.

IMG_4094compressed_zpshc8fnjzo.jpg

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah we had a high of 41F briefly but already down to 27F and dropping fast. 

Looks like we've locked up tight now with 7-8" left on the ground.  What was a fluffy cold snowpack is now like parking lot concrete.

IMG_4094compressed_zpshc8fnjzo.jpg

Around 10" or so left here, Going to make a very good base as it gets locked up

Interesting drive up route 4 north of Concord from Boscowen to Andover early this afternoon. At some points the inversion was so low the ice had melted off the tops of the trees but everything was still iced up at ground level. Up around Andover it never mixed out until the CAA kicked in

Was 35-36* when I left Hartford at about 5:30; 27.4* at the Pit now.

My road (was snow/slush covered when I left) is pretty crunchy but not bad.  Just walked out to the woodpile; the snow's not yet frozen enough to support my weight.  I suspect it will by the time I leave tomorrow morning.  

Overall solid coverage of 2-3 almost everywhere in my neighborhood with the exception of a few shaded areas under large Pine trees and fence lines.  Turning rock hard now. Let's see what lasts until Christmas.  Went to a kids b'day party east towards Wilbraham MA and a bit higher up earlier and it really took a hit but was not completely gone.  

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I'm glad you got what you wanted for the holiday. Take advantage of the grass for Xmas. It's certainly not what I wanted or to to look outside at. Makes me very upset. Nothing I can do about it 

Had it lasted-it had no chance holding another week if that's any comfort.

29 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Overall solid coverage of 2-3 almost everywhere in my neighborhood with the exception of a few shaded areas under large Pine trees and fence lines.  Turning rock hard now. Let's see what lasts until Christmas.  Went to a kids b'day party east towards Wilbraham MA and a bit higher up earlier and it really took a hit but was not completely gone.  

Also some gigantic snow piles at the Enfield Mall.

that was impressive in the CON area at my Dads house. got 5" yesterday, with a pack of right around a foot. the cold held strong until almost noon today. it was almost instant that the temp jumped up to almost 50, and held in there for a couple hours. it started to crash, and now it is 30.5. we went from a frozen driveway to  bare pavement in no time. But the pack is still strong, like 6", although I did not measure it before I headed back south.

Archived