Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12/19-12/20 Freezing Rain Threat

Brick Tamland

24 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

backyard temp sitting at 33.1 degrees. One things for sure it's going to be a raw day.

I'm at 36.2° with an ESE wind at 9. Not supposed to get much higher than what I'm at right now. My wife is a rural postal carrier towards the north end of Camden County (just south of Chesapeake, VA) and the radar returns show pockets of sleet. I told her to be careful this morning and later this evening. It's an active time for her right now. Lots of packages, and especially a lot with it being the final shipping week before Christmas. They get at least two complete pallets of Amazon shipments wrapped in shrink wrap a day. The USPS must have made some deal with Amazon to ship everything under 75 lbs.

Mods: if this belongs in banter, please move with my apologies.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

steady rain with periods of heavy mist mixed in, temp still 34, about the most I expect is my truck being a pain in the ass to get into in the morning, and even then if 31-32 is the low that probably wont even be a issue.....if we manage to get 29-30 for most of the overnight hrs then trees and cars etc might have a glaze by morning....

4 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

What are roads like in your neck of the woods?  In southern wake they are soaked.  Could this freeze tonight?  Black ice advisory?

I wouldn't expect much in the way of black ice, not going to be cold enough, still though bridges and overpasses etc need to be watched perhaps if the temp can get 30 or lower....

Archived