SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NYC Metro Snow Total YTD

dmillz25

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With todays 1 pm 9.0 inch measurement in Central Park this now becomes the 86th storm since 1870 of 9 inches or more in NYC or approximately 3 every 5 years or so.

When the idiots, I mean the Conservancy, take or forget to take the next measurement at 4 pm we shall see if this becomes the 66th storm to reach or exceed 10 inches in Central Park. I'm betting they record nothing from 1 pm to 4 pm.

On 2/10/2017 at 11:07 PM, jm1220 said:

What did you measure yesterday?

I haven't kept track of the smaller events, JM.  What was your total for the events outside of the three "biggies"?  (4 inch storm in December, 9 inch storm in January and 11 inch storm in February so far.)

I have 24" between just those three storms.

24 minutes ago, uncle W said:

Central Park reports nothing while all the airports report at least 0.1" of snow...

Must've been sleet; I didn't see a single flake of snow here but we got a lot of freezing rain and sleet.  NYC reported 0.2" of ice accretion didn't they?

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

I guess I'll go with the 3.5" others close to me are reporting for 29.0" on the season. Hopefully an appetizer for a big one on Tuesday. 

You might have had more because you had the heavy snow that was south of us.  Might be wiser to go with 4"

Archived