Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-18 Winter Storm Threat

Hoosier

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I saw those temps west of here, but think it'll be tough to get to 0 F by kick off. On the plus side, just shoveled and easily got 2-3 inches of powder overnight. So somehow between all the fits and starts of this event forecast from Friday AM of 3-6" panned out.

Yeah, I saw those temps west of here, but think it'll be tough to get to 0 F by kick off. On the plus side, just shoveled and easily got 2-3 inches of powder overnight. So somehow between all the fits and starts of this event forecast from Friday AM of 3-6" panned out.

I think you're right about downtown considering Northerly Island is still reading 10 degrees. By hook or by crook we got there, happy the forecast worked out okay and the lake effect did turn out to be high impact last night. Hoping we get an actual winter storm at some point, and not the long drawn out stuff with long lulls we've had. But from a winter enthusiast perspective, nothing to complain about, considering it's not even astronomical winter yet.

47 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

I think you're right about downtown considering Northerly Island is still reading 10 degrees. By hook or by crook we got there, happy the forecast worked out okay and the lake effect did turn out to be high impact last night. Hoping we get an actual winter storm at some point, and not the long drawn out stuff with long lulls we've had. But from a winter enthusiast perspective, nothing to complain about, considering it's not even astronomical winter yet.

^  that.  ugh

7 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

Not something you see everyday. Is this a result of interaction with upper level flow moving east above this lake effect streamer? 

It's related to the instability generated by the temperature difference of the water and the air above.  Not uncommon to see these features in well developed lake effect situations.

1 hour ago, RCNYILWX said:

Saw some 8-10" reports in Porter county.

3 hours ago, CoachLB said:

Picked up nearly 1/4 inch of freezing rain Friday night into Saturday morning. Last night into this morning right at 1/10 of an inch. Trees are holding there own.

image.jpeg

Wow that is amazing as you are only about 30ish miles as the crow flies north of me, it hit 57 IMBY yesterday and melted everything off.  We only had a very little bit of ice on top of the 6" of snow from earlier in the week yesterday morning, all gone now including the piles!

Archived