Newest Member
    SnowHabit
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm officially out on the remainder of this winter. LR progs all point to an early and sustained springtime regime ahead. Here's hoping 2017-18 will be better.

Long range models have been horrible this winter. There's plenty of winter up further north and maybe you guys can catch a break too.

10 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Lol. Since we had that nightmare I'll never get too emotionally invested in on these storms.  This forum and 3/2001 helped coping with the 2015 debacle. 

I always hear people talking about March 2001. Could you explain what happened?

15 minutes ago, Newman said:

I always hear people talking about March 2001. Could you explain what happened?

It was supposed to be the mother of all storms. Most news stations were all calling for in excess of 2-3 feet of snow from DC to BOS.  TWC also was all in until most of the models changed away from the storm. It was supposed to be a Miller B storm but never happened.  The redevelopment kept moving further away from our area til the development never happened at all. 

Good discussion here in this thread. 

17 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm officially out on the remainder of this winter. LR progs all point to an early and sustained springtime regime ahead. Here's hoping 2017-18 will be better.

In 2 - 2 1/2 weeks we will get some more cold that has been the winter pattern up and down. We will have that why couldn't this have come a couple weeks ago storm chance.

45 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

11 years, 150,000+ miles and countless tanks of gas later and it's hanging in there...

And, I've run it dry 4 times:yikes:

He is right....but you might not get burnt. (and you haven't) Believe it or not, fuel keeps the fuel pump at a "cool temp". Low/no fuel, no "cool temp".

As far as running dry...done it once in my late teens (my fault)....and once about 5 years ago (not my fault).

We all know the weather sucks when we're talking about the functionality of a fuel pump in a weather thread...

32.9F

Archived