• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

This is trending quicker and warmer. NAM is a cold rain, nary a flake. In and out by very early Thursday AM. Speed of i coming impulse doesnt allow cold air to bleed in. Never liked these situations where we are waiting for the cold air to arrive....usually doesnt pan out. Not impressed. GFS up next.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS looks good for north and west, though it does look like the cold air has retreated some.  My issue is that the r/s line is probably going to be very tight, and if this winter finishes off with 33 and rainy that will be just a final kick to a blah season.  Some areas of my lawn are already starting to grow.

After looking the 6z navgem, track took quite a shift South....far enough South it keeps us all mostly snow. Has quite an expansive precip shield to the N and W of the slp and snow (light) lingers quite a bit longer as upper level energy passes over. Another interesting solution. Models have almost every possible scenario and we r only 72 hours out.

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I will take my 6-8" of NAM digital snow and welcome an early spring on Friday if this were to verify!

Really, what's the point? Either snow and have at least a 4-7 day cold spell to enjoy it or just stay 50F til spring and call winter over. Between shoveling/snow blowing/ scraping/car looking like white crap.... is it worth it for a day or so? IMO...no, unless it's a massive hit.

Archived