• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone want to make a new thread for this event, already at 40 pages and this looks like a good time for a new one. Could be a big LES event. 

Probably a good idea given the length and nature of the event! Gonna have a lot of replies on here.

Didn't want to post this in the new thread on the LES event but after this weekend it looks like game over for winter in the east for an extended period.  A lot of 40s and rain progged. 

For a very extended period. So LaNina is doing the exact opposite of what it's supposed to be doing, lol. Well I guess the period from 2013-2017 have been quite uneventful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

For a very extended period. So LaNina is doing the exact opposite of what it's supposed to be doing, lol. Well I guess the period from 2013-2017 have been quite uneventful.

Yeah we are pretty much screwed if GFS and ensembles are correct.  Of course that can always change or morph a bit.  Fingers crossed.  But we've possibly seen our last accumulating snow for the next 10 days or so. I'm discounting Sunday as for us that looks like some passing snow showers.

28 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Alright, I have to jump in here as several posts on the last few pages seem to completely forget the coldest winter in modern history for the Eastern US occurred just two years ago.  The 2014/2015 winter was damn near incredible.  I held snowpack from December through late March.  You guys are crazy to completely dismiss that absolutely epic winter.    

My front yard looked like this for the better part of two months...straight.  

IMG_0312.JPG

Now, that said.  I do agree this winter is quickly going down the crapper.  The long range is atrocious and the bermuda high/SE ridge just keeps coming back and building.  Ugh, what a disaster.  We really may have turned the corner in regards to climate change where we simply will not get prolonged cold ever again.  

10 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

It'll be gone in 6 hrs, lol

Gotta laugh...all the doom and gloom posts today and Ayuud drops a day 7 model run showing a region-wide 20-incher.  While that has as much chance of happening as the Bills making the playoffs this decade, goes to show we can still get some big events even in a crappy overall pattern, given that we're in our coldest climo period.  

Archived