• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AppsRunner said:

Thanks! I've had a couple forecasts that I did very poorly with earlier in the season, so this was pleasant for me. 

I'm met major at Oswego. No red tag yet, but eventually.

Keep in mind that even though I wasn't optimistic, I still liked 6-12" for most of Onondaga/Oswego county, with locally higher amounts. This snow is just about right on schedule with what I thought, although it was about an hour or so later than I had originally thought... but like I said I really would not like to be on 81/481 right now. 

No you definitely wouldn't.  Hows Dr. Stamm, he probably is retired by now, and Dr scott steiger I believe it was, but the name may be wrong.  I was a met major there in 98-2000 and dropped out because of financial problems.it kills me that IU had 1 semester to go to get my BA and never did.  One day I definitely need to but that day is not here yet, lol.

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

yep, its Ty and you'll see some of this as she heads North no doubt!

he lives here in Liverpool

Nice. Dr. Stamm was my advisor. Great guys there. I partied too hard and failed out after two years. Life is good though and still love the weather.  

17 minutes ago, phoenixny said:

I am just gonna miss this. Is this Ty? Love your posts man! Brian might just get this being a few miles south of me.

Nothing here yet other than a few flurries. Traffic cams in Lpool and SYR and Auburn look like decent snow in progress. Band is developing and sliding northward so I think you and I will do ok, along with Bremerton, Cicero... maybe 3-4".  Same in Lpool.  A bit more if it steadies out and doesn't move too far north. 

No you definitely wouldn't.  Hows Dr. Stamm, he probably is retired by now, and Dr scott steiger I believe it was, but the name may be wrong.  I was a met major there in 98-2000 and dropped out because of financial problems.it kills me that IU had 1 semester to go to get my BA and never did.  One day I definitely need to but that day is not here yet, lol.

Dr. Stamm's still here! Still sticking around for at least this year and next I believe. Dr. Steiger is also still a prof here, I think in the process of publishing some lake effect snow/lightning research. Ballentine was here my freshman year before retiring.

This band will slow down within the next hour or two (likely on the lower end of that), before one last hurrah after about 10PM as it lifts north again. Southern/Central Oswego Co. will still manage a couple inches more tonight as long as the band doesn't fly north tonight.  

Looks like another band is trying to organize just south of me. This band appears to have some connection to Lake Huron and GB so it will be interesting to see how intense it can get. 

Yep, lots of graupel though so if it gets intense enough, you up North may see some Lightning. It's a steady state band on about a 295 degree angle with a nice connection so we'll see when she starts to move!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Hey swva, you should have a nice night up there as the band continues to intensify and it will slowly head north in response to the inbound system for tomorrow, enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not sure it holds together as it comes north.  Everything I have read says it will weaken when it comes north.  Hope you are right though.

Archived