• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far on most guidance my immediate area see's no more than .2 QPF so that would equate to 2-4" till 12z tomorrow.  I still have faith in you George but as new guidance comes in it gets worse and worse, lol! 

SWVA you jackpot with over an 1 inch of QPF so you jackpotted anyway, lol, which is no surprise anyway!

5 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

So far on most guidance my immediate area see's no more than .2 QPF so that would equate to 2-4" till 12z tomorrow.  I still have faith in you George but as new guidance comes in it gets worse and worse, lol! 

SWVA you jackpot with over an 1 inch of QPF so you jackpotted anyway, lol, which is no surprise anyway!

CNY, 1" for what period?  Ignore the attached file.  Its old and i cant seem to get rid of it.

Screenshot_20161228-155034.png

8 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Is that for the whole event or 1" new QPF??

Winds are forecast to diminish this evening, and this may allow
a singular band of convergence develop down the length of Lake
Ontario. Most mesoscale guidance, and the typically more reliable
RGEM all show this developing ESE of Lake Ontario this evening. As
winds diminish, the area of snow showers should evolve into a
meso-low and lift northward late tonight while weakening. This is
where warnings are already in place, so even though not a lot of
snow has fallen in Wayne and Northern Cayuga yet, a period of
heavy snow is expected to develop this evening. This will then
lift into Oswego county which should get another shot of
significant snow.

14 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

From now to 12z tomorrow so 7 AM tomorrow you guys should see a foot+ so we'll see.  

Which model is showing that?  I'd love it but all data I have seen keeps things south of us tonight.  

Wish I had better signal to access my models.

Picked up a quick .5" with latest burst.  Around 9.5" since yesterday morning.

34 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Drop the faith!! LOL....winds were a bit too strong and the band that went through, didn't swing far enough south to allow a new band to form as quickly as earlier thinking....it'll still happen, but later this evening....cudos to NWS for dropping the totals earilier this morning..

11 hours ago, AppsRunner said:

Should be at least a couple hour break around 10AM-12PM this afternoon as moisture briefly dries out (almost completely) in the low/mid levels. This afternoon into this evening could be a lot of fun for the FZY-SYR corridor. Wouldn't want to take 481 during rush hour. 

Alright bro, are you a Met or what? Where do you get ur info from as you were the first to see the break in the action then you proceeded to say this afternoon and evening should be fun and right on cue the band is reforming right around the metro area, so what gives, lol?

You didn't like this event from the get and everyone else was salivating so.........

Great job btw, lol!

11 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Drop the faith!! LOL....winds were a bit too strong and the band that went through, didn't swing far enough south to allow a new band to form as quickly as earlier thinking....it'll still happen, but later this evening....cudos to NWS for dropping the totals earilier this morning..

LoL, the pro's and con's of forecasting LES!

Cuse is sandwiched between two f'in bands and it looks quasi at this point.  What a Joke.  Apologies guys as I get real emotional when ****s supposed to be popping and nothing is.  I mean literally there is a hole over George and I. At least Nedrow is getting crushed.  

What about Syracuse George?

This is valid 7pm this evening, basically 00Z Saturday

nam_2016123012_012_43.14--76.25.png

If its not snowing with a sounding like this then it;ll never snow. No Cap, EQ's up to 15kft, winds are still a bit high up at H850 and 0 inversion so like I said if it isn't doing something at 7 then I call it quits for the event.  I'll call it quite 10 times before I actually do. lol!!

11 minutes ago, WNYLakeEffect said:

Snow hasn't been particularly heavy in the Jamestown area, but we've had about 8" in the past 24 hours. Interestingly, we've had 65" here this month, the snowiest month since Jan 2009 (when I measured 60"), with 74" on the season. Winter avg is around 120", so a pretty decent start.

Wow, that's a big month.  Has there been a constant snow pack, or have you gone bare during any of the warm-ups?

The usual suspects cashing in off Lake Erie:

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
SPOTTER REPORTS
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY
327 PM EST FRI DEC 30 2016

********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************

LOCATION          STORM TOTAL     TIME/DATE   COMMENTS
                     SNOWFALL           OF
                     /INCHES/   MEASUREMENT

NEW YORK

...CATTARAUGUS COUNTY...
   PERRYSBURG            14.2   315 PM 12/30  COOP OBSERVER

...ERIE COUNTY...
   SPRINGVILLE           14.0   200 PM 12/30  SOCIAL MEDIA

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Im in the Cuse and its not here yet but when its here Ill be sure to let you know. this sure bodes well for you guys up there!

It's coming for you! Should be some intense snow and graupel within 30 minutes. Enjoy big time!

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Alright bro, are you a Met or what? Where do you get ur info from as you were the first to see the break in the action then you proceeded to say this afternoon and evening should be fun and right on cue the band is reforming right around the metro area, so what gives, lol?

You didn't like this event from the get and everyone else was salivating so.........

Great job btw, lol!

Thanks! I've had a couple forecasts that I did very poorly with earlier in the season, so this was pleasant for me. 

I'm met major at Oswego. No red tag yet, but eventually.

Keep in mind that even though I wasn't optimistic, I still liked 6-12" for most of Onondaga/Oswego county, with locally higher amounts. This snow is just about right on schedule with what I thought, although it was about an hour or so later than I had originally thought... but like I said I really would not like to be on 81/481 right now. 

Archived