Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Redmorninglight said:

Made it up to Killington around midnight. Roads not bad at all. Hit numerous snow showers. Light snow now and the mountain reporting 3" overnight after 4" yesterday. Lifts turn in 25 minutes we are headed to the base!

temps in low 20s feels good. 

Enjoy your stay and have fun on the hill!

I mean BTV does average 80" for a reason, it has to snow at some point.  Nice stretch up there the past week.

Yeah this was an awesome few days. Going to post more pics soon. Tomorrow it is time to hit the mountain.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, klw said:

Enjoy your stay and have fun on the hill!

Thanks!

Having an awesome day with light crowds and good natural snow. Taking a lunch break at condo then back out to ride until closing. Woods riding real nice along with ungroomed terrain. I even took a few jumps since the landing is so soft. 4 17 year old kids tearing it up. 

Event totals: 8.7” Snow/0.41” L.E.

It definitely feels like the Northern Greens are getting a good shot of snow at the moment with the snowfall banked up against the spine.  I called the snowfall intensity “light” based on visibility, but it stacks up so fast with those huge upslope flakes.

16FEB17A.gif

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 4.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.17 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 27.6

Snow Density: 3.6% H2O

Temperature: 24.3 F

Sky: Light Snow (5-15 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 23.0 inches

38 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Well, there was 1.4” of accumulation in the past hour, so it really is stacking at what would be a “heavy” snowfall rate.

That radar looks sick for Bolton Valley area and your place.  But the entire west slope like Underhill to Starksboro is getting lit up.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That radar looks sick for Bolton Valley area and your place.  But the entire west slope like Underhill to Starksboro is getting lit up.

Yeah, it's pretty neat on the radar, you can see some pulses of moisture just smashing into the spine in the Winooski Valley area:

16FEB17B.gif

We picked up 1.0” in the 7 to 8 PM block, although that’s going on total depth so there’s probably some settling with the snow below.

Archived