Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice Eyewall...sweet to see some action in BTV lately.

Eyeballing around 2" in Stowe so far.

Thank you and hopefully the froude is low enough overnight to top it off with a little more. I know you guys will do well.  Depth is 12" or so 

23 minutes ago, eyewall said:

4.7" and now down to sand grains falling. Not sure how much more we will get unless things can ramp up again.

Radar and a report from a friend in Colchester says barely anything falling from the sky in the Burlington area... and yet the WWA just flipped to a WSW calling for 4-8" through tomorrow night.

What gives?

35 minutes ago, grambo said:
Radar and a report from a friend in Colchester says barely anything falling from the sky in the Burlington area... and yet the WWA just flipped to a WSW calling for 4-8" through tomorrow night.

What gives?

I am guessing some redevelopment with the blocked flow. We shall see. It is also getting colder, so whatever falls will have better ratios.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, eyewall said:

5.7" of snow in Winooski as of 9:30pm. I should correct what I said earlier. It is about 13 inches deep before hitting the solid crust that was there before the 11" storm. Depth is probably closer to 15" in spots

I got about 6" new at my spot near Red Rocks Park. Everything is caked. Still some flakes lingering around. Looks like there was another 1" since I got home at 6:30 last night. 

Event totals: 4.0” Snow/0.24” L.E.

It snowed pretty steadily in the Burlington area yesterday, and I’d say accumulations at UVM were similar to what I saw eyewall reporting by the time I left in the 6 to 7 PM timeframe – there was something in the range of 3-5” at my car.  Snowfall was generally light, but continuous right through to Waterbury on the drive home.  Roads were definitely snow covered, but snowfall rates were low enough that the salt and/or plows kept the road surface pretty pleasant.  Watching the web cam at the house during the day, I could see that snow was slow to pick up and start accumulating, but 2.7” were down when I measured the boards at 8:00 P.M.  There was another 1.3” at 6 A.M. observations time this morning, and the web cam shows at least an additional inch since then, so the current storm total is in the 5-6” range for our location.  Evening and morning observations are below:

Details from the 8:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 2.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.17 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 15.9

Snow Density: 6.3% H2O

Temperature: 27.0 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-5 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 19.0 inches

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.3 inches

New Liquid: 0.07 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 18.6