Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a day.  Mansfield looking towards Jay Peak with the cliffs of Smugglers Notch in the foreground.

16463059_10102847251941150_6521478343286

Beautiful mountains.  Everyone once in a while, I'll get a good look at the west side of Sugarbush/Mt. Ellen, similar to how you're seeing Jay Peak.  It's a magical look.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll be the optimist and say this doesn't happen. Twice now in last few weeks models had big warm up and both were muted. But no snow chances is getting old quick.

There is zero optimism left here in the CPV. That is unless you are hopeful for 1000 days between warning events.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, eyewall said:

There is zero optimism left here in the CPV. That is unless you are hopeful for 1000 days between warning events.

At this point its like a watched pot never boils type of thing. 

Angry inch of snowfall overnight at Stowe...thinking we can get 2-3" out of this today.

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

At this point its like a watched pot never boils type of thing. 

Angry inch of snowfall overnight at Stowe...thinking we can get 2-3" out of this today.

Yeah we have around an inch here as well.  Wintry appeal at least.

50 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A buddy posted this of his yard in Eden, VT...a couple towns north of MVL on RT 100.

Eden gets a ton of snow.

IMG_4708.JPG

that's an impressive amount of snow.  Hard to believe there is such a disparity in snow cover in such a small state.

30 minutes ago, ApacheTrout said:

that's an impressive amount of snow.  Hard to believe there is such a disparity in snow cover in such a small state.

Yeah he's in those hill towns with 12-18" on the ground.  

There's a huge range up RT 100 right now...from like 7" in Stowe to 20" in Westfield about 45 minutes north on 100.  Eden is like halfway there.

Just left the mountain and got home.  Was still snowing up there.  

4" at 3000ft...3.5" at 1500ft...2.5" at 750ft.

Very nice. Can't wait to get on the mountain on Friday. Anyway today's wintry appeal counts as a small win :)

Actually was 2.7" at home once I actually measured it.  Eyeball was pretty close.  

After all the upslope this synoptic snow is definitely the fluffiest we've seen in the last week.

Backyard stake at 10" now...first double digits in a long time, possibly first of the year I'll have to check.

Actually was 2.7" at home once I actually measured it.  Eyeball was pretty close.  

After all the upslope this synoptic snow is definitely the fluffiest we've seen in the last week.

Very cool and yeah these snow showers have good snow growth for sure.

Event totals: 1.6” Snow/0.06” L.E.

We picked up a tenth of an inch of graupel overnight, and according to the BTV NWS forecast discussion this was still in association with our most recent system so I’m adding it to that total.

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 26.8 F

Sky: Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 6.0 inches

1 hour ago, J.Spin said:

Event totals: 1.6” Snow/0.06” L.E.

We picked up a tenth of an inch of graupel overnight, and according to the BTV NWS forecast discussion this was still in association with our most recent system so I’m adding it to that total.

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 26.8 F

Sky: Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 6.0 inches

What is your total for the season? 

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wow. I never noticed his stake depth being 6". I'm up to 10" and the bottom 8" you can literally jump on without cracking it.

You guys got a lot more of the sleety events and that heavy wet snowstorm where tamarack had two feet with 2" liquid.

Its like every season we figure this out.

JSpin is right on the line...there's grass showing like a couple miles away, while I've got 8-10" but my walk-on layer is about 3-4" thick.

Archived