Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL, if only everyone else parties at 3k. It's like a funeral in here and then PF comes in with nudity at 3k. 

You don't even have to party at 3kft. 

22" on the ground at the office at 1,500ft now after last night's dense QPF bomb.  Snowbanks are huge and all a 5 minute drive for me...meanwhile I've got like 5-6" on the ground at 750ft, haha...on the same road.

Good skiing though.

16299561_10102842641450610_5986383618287

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's like saying I live in Orlando, but hate the heat in the summer. :lol: 

Ha!  That's exactly what my cousin says and he actually lives in Orlando.  Loves the winter, hates the heat in the summer.

BTV quality of life is really good...I'd live there again in a heartbeat if I didn't hate the drive to the mountain every day.  I do know quite a few people though like that who want to ski powder all the time but don't want to have to deal with it or even drive in it daily.  Enter BTV land.

BTV is a summer town though by and large...place is amazing on the lake in the warm season. 

Like I've been saying, this was some nice dense snow and really added a solid shot of liquid in the form of snow to the mountain snowpack.

The MMNV1 Co-Op had 0.86" of liquid in 6.9" of snow for this event....which is actually a very good pull for the elevated coop bucket.

I think we should be able to grab enough tonight to push the event over 1" of liquid added to the snowpack.  Good stuff for the ski areas at least.

good stuff all around PF

The slush bomb that came through tuesday actually blended with the snow to make for a bizarre sandpaper like base. Added 3" since the mini ice storm and somehow the skiing and VAST trails here in the valley are surprisingly good.  It is honking snow here now!

Lots of ups and downs but this week actually seems like a gain amazingly enough.  Looking forward to heading uphill tomorrow 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You don't even have to party at 3kft. 

22" on the ground at the office at 1,500ft now after last night's dense QPF bomb.  Snowbanks are huge and all a 5 minute drive for me...meanwhile I've got like 5-6" on the ground at 750ft, haha...on the same road.

Good skiing though.

16299561_10102842641450610_5986383618287

Yeah since its been a torch, clearly higher el near the spine help. But even Jspin has a meager pack. I like how you personally hand out Uzis for the rest of VT to swallow. 

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

Did anything change with the CON ASOS instrumentation or siting a little over a week ago? I've noticed their high temps are more in line to what they used to be (~3F warmer than me on avg compared to 4-5F). They've been a little cooler than their local HADS sites too. There seemed to be a sudden shift around 1/17 or 1/18, that's why I ask.

If anything changed it's on the airport's end. We have been monitoring closely since the anomaly showed up this summer (and especially since it was CON's warmest year on record). It's weird that snow cover didn't seem to change anything, so we were leaning towards a microclimate change. But it's really hard to prove one way or another. We just know the equipment is working and calibrated.

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

How do we not have an emoticon with the rug getting pulled out yet? 

We could just shrink that radar down and use that. :cry: 

I got out my tripod and was preparing for my first night squall time lapse attempt.  Seems like soul-deadening disappointment always follows whenever I get out my camera gear.

Archived