joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My expectations are still setting at 2 to 5 inch range. granted we have some indicators that could go more impressive than that.  

Not that anyone asked but I don't need a lot more snow than that anyway.  it's going to completely cover the ground and it just might not be a pain in the ass to get around in. I mean I like a dramatic storm to don't give me wrong it's just that I don't necessarily need all that to feel like winter is expressing itself

58 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

My expectations are still setting at 2 to 5 inch range. granted we have some indicators that could go more impressive than that.  

Not that anyone asked but I don't need a lot more snow than that anyway.  it's going to completely cover the ground and it just might not be a pain in the ass to get around in. I mean I like a dramatic storm to don't give me wrong it's just that I don't necessarily need all that to feel like winter is expressing itself

Ditto.

5 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Safest play is an advisory level for most, perhaps a few do better but 2-4, 3-5 seems reasonable.

I've been thinking the same thing...2-4 would be nice, and hopefully we can salvage that out of this.   Hopefully like Will was saying  yesterday,  that High can build in strong and give us a minor event.

The high doesn't look quite as good from 00z suite vs 12z yesterday. Still a decent event in the means but we will want to see that high trend back better to increase both the cold and qpf. If you noticed, the qpf overall was skimpier than the 12z runs. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The high doesn't look quite as good from 00z suite vs 12z yesterday. Still a decent event in the means but we will want to see that high trend back better to increase both the cold and qpf. If you noticed, the qpf overall was skimpier than the 12z runs. 

I noticed that.   :)

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Exactly my thoughts..this has gone the other  way since 12z yesterday.,..the less impact type of way.  Not what we wanted to see.

Archived