Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I've been away from computer and haven't seen 18z stuff, but I think my group briefed on 1-2" for Logan with the caveat of a burst getting them a bit more should that happen. I could see the west side of the city getting a good 2-3. We'll have to see how the fluff tonight works out along with any stuff coming up from the south.

I live in Allston/Brighton and we've been on the border of the 4-6 and the 1-3. Expecting probably 1, anything more is a delight.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't even realize they had raised a warning for the NW zones..

I'm liking my p/c, even if it is a likely bust.

Tonight
Snow, mainly after 8pm. Low around 23. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Monday
Rain and snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 1pm. High near 38. South wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

19 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I didn't even realize they had raised a warning for the NW zones..

I'm liking my p/c, even if it is a likely bust.

Tonight
Snow, mainly after 8pm. Low around 23. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Monday
Rain and snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 1pm. High near 38. South wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

thx for double posting your debbie outlook in both threads. we get it. 

Final call:

Looks like an inch at most right along the beaches and in downtown Boston, 1-3"jus away from the immediate shore and inside of rt128 and 2-4" outside of rt 128 (lightest near rt 128; heaviest near I 495)....should be raining by about 7am throughout all of eastern Mass; however there may be a period of ice outside of rt 495 (2-5").
Be careful, folks...expect delays....especially north and west.

8 minutes ago, ajisai said:

Just looked that radar and it's basically snowing everywhere in Mass except Boston (Worcester, Cape, Springfield and further west, Newburyport). Crazy.

While it may not be snowing, it often will be and depending on tilt you won't see it in radar.  I believe the beam emanates from Taunton and you'll note that's the driest looking area and will be the last to fill in.   

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

ha. but u dont think about can get 6" ? surely there is a bone in your body that believes it.

Ha, since we don't have any forum members from Savoy or Charlemont, he is in the best spot in SNE for reporting 6" from this.  Our banned brethren from W Chesterfield might get there too.  

Expecting a solid 4" here and anything else is uber gravy.  

12 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

YesYes of course… And it's ocean wx I think who did the discussion so you have to respect his knowledge. But I still question whether Sanford should be in a winter storm warning and Merrimack County north of Concord shouldn't be

Not me. I just came back from a nice 3 day break. But thanks for the kind words.

Just speaking on what I see in our current forecast you are right that you will likely see more snow than SFM, and that's actually what we're forecasting. We have Merrimack Co. a solid 4-6" right now, but the difference is interior York Co. has more than half the zone > 6"

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

True, probably will help more in the areas that can lock in the cold like the east slopes and ORH hills... but yeah maybe its one of those things where we see the dews jump up by 10-15 degrees and the ambient temp only drops a couple degrees.

I think of this as your more classic in situ CAD. You precip into a dry air mass and you develop a "block" of cold air. It has no feeder mechanism without the high parked to the NE, but it will take a little while for the WAA to chip away at it. 

Archived