Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 10-12 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

14 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Up to 32 here now. Have been fairly unlucky with not getting into the better banding.  I'm not throwing in the towel per se but given my temp and overall trends, not even sure I will break 6" here. Hopefully things come together and finish strong.

Kind of feeling the same here. Getting moderate snow, but the temps have popped up and it is not accumulating efficiently at all. Had 2" through the first stanza, hoping to squeeze out another 3-4" this afternoon and evening. Not holding my breath however. 

Really not a good call yesterday for LOT to jump to a warning. I think Izzi had written the AFD the night before outlining all the reasons against, namely duration. Unless we have a huge overachiever this afternoon and evening, we won't hit war if criteria for any time frame of the event. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Kind of feeling the same here. Getting moderate snow, but the temps have popped up and it is not accumulating efficiently at all. Had 2" through the first stanza, hoping to squeeze out another 3-4" this afternoon and evening. Not holding my breath however. 

Really not a good call yesterday for LOT to jump to a warning. I think Izzi had written the AFD the night before outlining all the reasons against, namely duration. Unless we have a huge overachiever this afternoon and evening, we won't hit war if criteria for any time frame of the event. 

Izzi was perfect with his AFD and going with a WWA.  They literally changed it to WSW when he left.

6 minutes ago, blizzardof96 said:

HRRR is dropping an additional 6-8" across SW On with the bullseye from Windsor to areas N of London. Major gradient along the N erie shoreline however.

I was just looking at the HRRR. It would be amazing if Toledo could get an additional 7-8". I think that's too high, though.

21 minutes ago, blizzardof96 said:

HRRR is dropping an additional 6-8" across SW On with the bullseye from Windsor to areas N of London. Major gradient along the N erie shoreline however.

13 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I was just looking at the HRRR. It would be amazing if Toledo could get an additional 7-8". I think that's too high, though.

snku_acc.us_mw.png

Snowing pretty nicely now.  Raining smallish flakes straight down like rain.  Temp up to 34, which is about 11 degrees warmer than it was at this time yesterday when the fluffy dendrites slowly started to flutter down for the first time.  Still hovering around 1.5" for the event, but hope to pick up an additional inch or so with this grand finale band starting to work through.

9 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Snowing pretty nicely now.  Raining smallish flakes straight down like rain.  Temp up to 34, which is about 11 degrees warmer than it was at this time yesterday when the fluffy dendrites slowly started to flutter down for the first time.  Still hovering around 1.5" for the event, but hope to pick up an additional inch or so with this grand finale band starting to work through.

You win some, you lose some. Didn't think I would be on both sides of the coin 2 weeks into December. I'll take it 

Great early afternoon sledding. Plenty of accumulation continuing on the roads. Coupled with smart use of the hand brake, the back end was really kicking on my right turns.

Light to moderate snow has been persistent since starting back up mid-morning.

Probably in that 5-6 range. Looks like things will continue for at least a few more hours. Maybe we tag 8+. Better than it was looking at dawn this morning.

Archived