Newest Member
    joxey
December 10-12 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chicago Storm said:

Definitely took a huge jump towards the GFS solution, though doesn't quite get there fully.

The main piece is still the second vort, it just doesn't amplify this run. If that remains to be the case with the second vort being the main show, then the bigger potential is still there. Just need a bit of a buckle in the pattern for it to amplify a touch.

Sorry for the OT, but decided to check out the Off Topic forum to see what all the fuss was about.

<rant>

Holy f%%k - what a sh*t show. Some comments made in there, by people from our region, that changed my opinion of them. Not the fact based political statements but just the personal attacks on others. Seriously - it's a freaking weather forum. Why the hell would you come here to spew/read that crap.

</rant>

Again, sorry to bring that in here but had to vent a little bit. So frustrating to see that...

Anyway, here's to hoping for a nice thump this weekend into early next week. I find it interesting how the globals are handling the piece of energy coming in from the pacific - will be fun to track over the next few days.

3 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Second wave on the GFS coming in much stronger

Would like to see that low a little further south. In N. Indiana we get almost a foot of snow, followed by rain, followed by a little more snow. Plenty of time for things to change, I suppose.

Is it too much to ask to remain snow through the whole event?!

1 minute ago, dilly84 said:
11 hours ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

0Z GFS another spread the wealth situation, and closer looking to the Eurosnku_acc.us_mw.pngi may sound dumb, but how the hell do you get the zoomed in county map on pivotal. I've tried everything to no avail.

Zoom->Regional->Click on North America->Select Midwest (works for GFS model...others are different)

17 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

GFS with a foot+ area from NC Iowa through N IL towards Detroit. 

IMG_0522.GIF

I'm a little SE of you closer to the lake.  We've been sitting pretty for a the last couple of days regarding this system.  Guy on the radio said this weekend's system won't be much but might send us to double digit totals for the season.  I took that to mean 3 inches.  Are you taking the over on that or is it still too early to make a call?

20 minutes ago, King James said:

I'm a little SE of you closer to the lake.  We've been sitting pretty for a the last couple of days regarding this system.  Guy on the radio said this weekend's system won't be much but might send us to double digit totals for the season.  I took that to mean 3 inches.  Are you taking the over on that or is it still too early to make a call?

It's early, but I would pound the over on 3". In fact, I would pound the over on 6". With this guidance, I would stick a O/U at something like 8.5" 

Archived