Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Disco & Obs for first region wide snow event 12/05

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up with an inch here....nothing at all left at work in Lynn....sparse patches in Wakefield, greater coverage in Reading, then once you hit Wilmington, nearly full coverage. Full on the west side of town, where I am....about .5" of granular left.

Hi 34 here, 39 in Lynn.

GF in s Worcester said trees still caked there...

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ended up with an inch here....nothing at all left at work in Lynn....sparse patches in Wakefield, greater coverage in Reading, then once you hit Wilmington, nearly full coverage. Full on the west side of town, where I am....about .5" of granular left.

Hi 34 here, 39 in Lynn.

GF in s Worcester said trees still caked there...

Weenie drive from work...nothing in Quincy, patchy in Dedham, pretty full in Natick, and winter wonderland on Winter Hill. 

Had 2.5" at my place, about twice what I expected.  Have not done the LE yet, but anticipate under 0.2" - nice dendrites at low-mid 20s, good ratios.  Snowcovered roads added 10-15 minutes to my drive home, then a stalled (or whatever, could not tell) semi in the middle of the Sandy River bridge in town kept us parked for another 25 or so.  That truck was about 100 feet before the turnoff toward my place.  C'est la vie.

10 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

I got up early to see if there would be a few flakes here...started as rain, though. I ran my errands around lunch time and by that point it was raining even up in Hingham

Well it was only like .3". Looked nice though. You'll get yours. Still a bit early. 

Event totals: 4.7” Snow/0.32” L.E.

We picked up a final tenth of an inch of snow yesterday evening/overnight, with a trace of liquid.  That should mark the end of this storm at our location.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 30.6 F

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 5.0 inches

17 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Haha yup.  I've already had two events now in my yard that exceeded the largest one from last year and its only December 5th, ha.

Finished with 4.8" here after one final burst of the largest dendrites of the event. 

No way I would've believed we'd get this much...but as BTV said, a nice overperforming warm front that left a widespread 2-6" across their CWA.

Hopefully, the coming weeks will provide abundant snows so that the ski resorts will have a much better winter. Last winter was just awful across Upstate New York, northern New England, and Quebec.

33 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Hopefully, the coming weeks will provide abundant snows so that the ski resorts will have a much better winter. Last winter was just awful across Upstate New York, northern New England, and Quebec.

Was not good Don, I'd rather be sending you pics..................:)

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

That's what I feared. I heard a lot of bad news from close friends in Quebec.

Getting a little off topic, But, There is just no possible way for those area businesses north to rebound after a bad season, They rely heavily on winter tourism, Industrial wise not much going on there unless you work in the woods, And that can get very limited in bad winters

2 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Thanks in advance for pictures. I'm sure the economic impact for the region was really bad. Hopefully, one won't see something like that again for many years to come.

We certainly don't want a repeat of the 79-80 and 80-81 sequence.  The first winter set a new standard at Farmington, Maine (records back thru 1893) for low-snow winters.  Then the next winter brought an inch less than that.  Last winter was 4th lowest, 3.9" above 80-81 and just 0.1" from 3rd.  (Of course, this is the Maine foothills, so Farmington's lowest is very close to Boston's average.)

Archived