Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2016-2017 OBS

Carvers Gap

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi ! I have been reading here for a long time but this is my first post . I am an amateur weather lover esp snow and anything frozen next on the list would be rain and storms. Anyway have learned so much just trying to understand this forum very enjoyable ! So here goes ....the obs from Cumberland County are light snow in the form of very small particles mixed occasionally w/ sleet and temp is 24-27 (have two thermometers dont have station yet ) aand my elevation is 1988 ft. Thanks to all for all I have learned and hope to get better !

Been having off and on flurries/snow showers since about 12:00 or so. Some light rain every now and then.  The temp has been hovering between 37-38 since about 1:00. Before that, it had made it to 41. Barring any major warming, I don't think mid to upper 40s are gonna happen this afternoon for my area like MRX says. That said, it seems we cannot get enough saturation to allow for consistent precip. Maybe later tonight, but I'm not holding my breath. 

13 minutes ago, wxrjm said:

Had some on/off snow through the afternoon in Bristol. Mix at times as we've gone into the afternoon. If precip rates are heavy enough it's been snow. 

Wxrjm, it is possible I have missed you posting earlier...but just wanted to welcome you and thank you for dropping-in and posting today.   

Archived