Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2016-2017 OBS

Carvers Gap

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Keep us updated.  Always good to hear reports from you area, BillT. 

I agree, thanks Bill!  We need more from your area on our board and subforum.  You should send a few invites to any friend "weather enthusiasts" you have.

24 for a low with freezing fog this morning in northeast TN (north Johnson City).  There were mentions on the local news channels this morning, which I thought was a VERY good thing!

Yeah the convection did not look that deep on satellite, but it produced gorilla size hail. Radar did however show big red cores. Looks like the left mover dropped the golfballs.

Regarding insurance, this is how it goes on the High Plains. Nobody gets a new roof on their own dime. Wait for a hail storm. Call the insurance company, lol!

We have had of and on sleet pellets and flurries here too for about the last 2 hrs. Temp at the surface is 40 degrees, but it must be really cold aloft for sure. Dew points have been in the 20s today which has helped to allow this to happen. Pretty neat to see especially on a day when I wasn't expecting it. That's actually the 2nd time this month where frozen precip has happened kinda unexpectedly here. 

Archived