Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man it's a shame that s/w sort of shears out next week. That would be a great storm inland if it came north slightly. 

I know, right? I keep peeking into each suite hoping to see that vortmax sustain itself a little longer. It looks like a nice, juicy, medium-rare steak coming out of the TN valley but looks more like a mcnugget up here.

Such a bizzare GFS solution. That ULL ejecting from the gulf looks amazing at first. It then gets sheared out after forming a secondary...then the secondary hangs around offshore as the main s/w from the long wave trough approaches from the Midwest. Perhaps just enough moisture to give snow to the far interior too.  But certainly not a very common outcome here...lol.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If you looked at hr 102 and 108 from the GFS and not at H5....you would have thought a juicy Miller A is coming. :lol:  Gah.

Something to watch...it could get better...it wouldn't be the first time a model tries to dampen out a shortwave too quickly.

But yeah, dendrite's analogy is perfect, you look at the thing in the TN Valley and you start salivating...a nice filet mignon. Then by the time it gets here, it's a shriveled up overcooked soy burger patty.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Something to watch...it could get better...it wouldn't be the first time a model tries to dampen out a shortwave too quickly.

But yeah, dendrite's analogy is perfect, you look at the thing in the TN Valley and you start salivating...a nice filet mignon. Then by the time it gets here, it's a shriveled up overcooked soy burger patty.

Exactly. I suppose if anything, at least the risk of a full fledged cutter seems to be lessening for now. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The late Sun nite/ Monday event picked up a little steam on the GFS and GGEM. At the least should be a period of light snow 

That thing really dries out quickly...I'm not confident we see much more than some flurries...maybe we'll see a coating if lucky. If the shortwave can trend back a bit deeper, then I'd be more optimistic. But it's so flat and the vortmax almost goes north of us now as it shears out.

The Euro is a little more optimistic, but even that is still pretty weak.

Archived