SnowHabit
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a feeling this weekend could turn into one for SNE

Gonna need some energy to hang back...some of the guidance has hinted at this like the Ukie, but I'd like to see some more models come on board. There's not that much time left, we're down to about 108-120 hours out now...so that leaves us only a couple more cycles for when we'd typically still expect larger scale changes.

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Guidance has been extremely volatile in this fast, progressive pattern; this is why I was trying to tell you not get too overwhelmed by any given suite.

Yup, until we see the flow buckle we will have models wildly swing from cutter to suppression.  Stick to ensembles and knowledge of the pattern to forecast beyond 4-5 days.

Right now I'm not seeing a prolonged icing event for this weekend.  I see a receding high with nothing to lock in the cold.  Snow to ice to rain

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yup, until we see the flow buckle we will have models wildly swing from cutter to suppression.  Stick to ensembles and knowledge of the pattern to forecast beyond 4-5 days.

Right now I'm not seeing a prolonged icing event for this weekend.  I see a receding high with nothing to lock in the cold.  Snow to ice to rain

See UKMET for understanding what Will and I are talking about. 

Archived