Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Obs and Disc Thread

mappy

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Winds are causing a couple water rescues dealing with sailboats near Annapolis currently. 

#Breaking - Rescuers have pulled 22 people from the water | age range from 16 to 70 | After squall flips sailboats. | All people accounted for | incident involving the Severn Sailing Association.

25 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Another day below freezing. It feels like winter and looks like winter with some snow piles left over from Saturday.  It's been good start to winter . ...I've seen frozen fall at least 4 times so far and experienced the coldest mid December high temperatures  I can ever remember . No panic from this guy. 

Currently 29 out

Now that's keeping it positive. I agree, seeing a little frozen on the ground the past two weeks has been nice. We even got to scrape Ice off our cars - if that doesn't feel like winter than what does lol.

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

It was much colder today than I was expecting.  High 31 low 17 felt good in the sun and light winds.

It's some good cold for sure. Hi/Lo monday was 31F/16F and today was 35F and it's down to 24F at 8:30pm already. The ground is as frozen now as it was before the mix storm this weekend. Gotta love the low sun angle of late December. 

14 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

33/14 for the day .

0z nam says maybe some mix for n/w burbs Christmas eve early morning.  Some guidance has hinted at this .Doesn't hurt that it's at night . Sometimes we get so busy looking at long range we forget to look out the window . This mini threat is only 3 days out. 

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_52.png

I would't be surprised at all.  It gets relatively easy at this point in December to get some fun unexpected frozen up this way.  It has happened on several occasions over the last decade around the pre-Christmas timeframe.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived