Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

16 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

but also don't think F&G should waste time and money after the fact trying to hunt these folks down just to fine them.

I'd be surprised if a quarter of a percent of the people that skim ever hear from F&G.  I mean, there are plenty of places on the lake where skimming is required to get on/off the ice because of all the aquatherms used to protect docks.  

All the media attention these guys got basically forced F&G to act. Just no way they could ignore making such a spectacle out of breaking the law.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bummed I'm going to be in Boston during the strongest of the winds.  If we realize the progged 55mph gusts, I know of at least one (very large) 220 year-old maple that is apt to come down.  It's main two branches (I forget what those are called) are each probably close to 18-24" in diameter, larger than most tree trunks.

21 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm bummed I'm going to be in Boston during the strongest of the winds.  If we realize the progged 55mph gusts, I know of at least one (very large) 220 year-old maple that is apt to come down.  It's main two branches (I forget what those are called) are each probably close to 18-24" in diameter, larger than most tree trunks.

You've cut down an entire forest ,forever warming your local climate. Why not Paul Bunyan that one too?

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

That's so weird, was just going to ask where Jeff is. Isn't posting on Maine snowmobile site either. Hope everything is OK. Maybe he's on an island enjoying some vacation.

I believe that he's a moderator on SKIMRG's frigid franks board but I've been unable to access said board lately.

14 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Andover , Maine  went from 79" to 30" in less than 10 days. That has to be some type of record. 

And Dryslot stopped posting 

In 1984, living in N. Maine, I saw our snowpack drop from 59" to 35" in two late February weeks.  On March 14 it was up to 65", tallest my snow stake has ever seen.  We can dream...

Archived