Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying hard for 60F.   Cu zooming right over my head.  Pretty steady south wind up here.   Snow going by the hour with this wind.  

30 second timeline from 9am to 115pm.   Ceiling lifts,  cold air hangs tough over the lake for awhile.  Deer coming and going enjoying the first open fields since Thanksgiving.  Huge difference in snow cover and depth from south to north faces...

https://video.nest.com/clip/7564f37deeb74a1cad1deccb826cb2c9.mp4

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Jerry,  Better drain that outdoor hose good if those Euro forecasted temps are right ( in about a week).  Looks like upper teens down there at night!

Lol...I ended up too lazy so the hose remains dormant but I brushed her.  Shirtsleeves for days in February...

2 minutes ago, eyewall said:

71F in Burlington, VT setting a new all time February record (Previous new record was just a few days ago with 63F). That is nearly a +40 departure on the high. 

Wow. Just when we think we've got them beat, BTV never fails to win the torch king award. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wow. Just when we think we've got them beat, BTV never fails to win the torch king award. 

Holy sh*t at 71F!  Prior to this month the all-time 140 year February record was 62F.  To beat the 140 year record for an entire month by 9 degrees is insane.  They had a low of 35F this morning so nice recovery today.

That's like it being 116F in July lol.

Its been 45F at the top of Mansfield almost all day and Mansfield won't hit the daily record of 49F.  

That's a crazy lapse rate of about 7.5F/1000ft.   Talk about good mixing.

Incredible that BTV can set the all-time monthly high by like 9 degrees but Mansfield can't even get the daily record and they are 15 miles away from each other.

Here at MVL high is 58F so far off a low of 30F.  We did freeze up last night.

2 hours ago, eyewall said:

71F in Burlington, VT setting a new all time February record (Previous new record was just a few days ago with 63F). That is nearly a +40 departure on the high. 

That is impressive. Is there any suspicion in the instruments there? Any other stations nearby report close to that?

Just crazy..

My wife is from the Burlington area and I lived up there from 2001-2006 when there was a real winter up there...

From Upton's AFD.

National Weather Service New York NY
401 PM EST Sat Feb 25 2017

.SYNOPSIS...
Showers and scattered thunderstorms with a cold frontal passage
this evening.

Need to check the calendar. I can`t recall the last time I`ve
seen a line of storms extend from Quebec south to North
Carolina in February with nearly 2000 CG in the past hour.
Impressive to say the least

That is impressive. Is there any suspicion in the instruments there? Any other stations nearby report close to that?

Just crazy..

My wife is from the Burlington area and I lived up there from 2001-2006 when there was a real winter up there...

It is accurate. Wunderground showed consistent obs through out the area.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Just now, dendrite said:

Peaked at 64.3F...down to 59F now with occasional sprinkles. The pack is down to 10" so we lost 4" in the past 24hrs. We'll probably lose a couple more tonight.

I saw a mosquito and moth tonight. It really feels like an early May evening with an approaching squall line.

I think staring next year I may have to adjust my countdown thread from May to February.  It is copyrighted, however, I own the copyright so I can do so 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sever t storm warning in affect for fairfield county. Somewhere on the west conn campus, weatherwiz is touching himself. 

Unfortunately I'm in WeHa b/c I had to work.  If I didn't get two hours of sleep last night was going to drive back but I'd probably fall asleep driving 

Archived