Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Tickled 57F here with 50s dews, but it was short lived. Back down to 40F now. We've had waves of fog forming over the pack and blowing downwind all afternoon. 

wow, I wonder if that was snow pack attributed there?

I mean...Meteorologically, Ayer is pretty much the next door neighbor's back yard compared to where you are and we were 74 for a high here.  interesting.

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wow, I wonder if that was snow pack attributed there?

I mean...Meteorologically, Ayer is pretty much the next door neighbor's back yard compared to where you are and we were 74 for a high here.  interesting.

Here's my 4hr loop...time sensitive

http://www.newenglandwx.com/northfield-nh/2-backyard-cam-4hr-timelapse.htm

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Tickling upper 30s now with thick fog.

Looks like CON set an all-time February record high this afternoon as well with 69F. According to threadex, the previous record of 68F was set 2/12/1872 and 2/27/1880.

So CON and BTV have set all-time records with long climate records back into the 1800s.  Impressive air mass.  BTV could beat their new all-time record tomorrow if the sun comes out.  Top 2 highs of 140 years in February within a couple days.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

So CON and BTV have set all-time records with long climate records back into the 1800s.  Impressive air mass.  BTV could beat their new all-time record tomorrow if the sun comes out.  Top 2 highs of 140 years in February within a couple days.

BOS and ORH too.

ORH pulled a +30F today for the average temp. :lol: That's Mar 98 or Jan 95 type stuff.

37 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Just walked the dog in a t-shirt-1AM on a February night.   

Somehow it's possible to have temperatures 90 days ahead of schedule in February.  In August these days-naso much.

Funny how that works......this is such an ***hole winter......maybe in time I can find it in me to be more mellow and measured like our sage wise folks like yourself with many more years under their belt.....also maybe in time I can lose this weenie tag......****

Archived