Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

As I get older, the more I despise snow and having to deal with it.  I'm dome with petty snowstorms.  All I care for is blizzards and than have it melt away in a couple days.

I don't want to implicate/impugn anyone ...or be offensive in general, but it really is a maturation issue.  Funny you put it this way, Bob.

Some folks never really "outgrow" it...  Others do.   

It's just my opinion:  it comes down (mentality -wise) to opening one's appreciation up to other aspects of weather,

If that is impossible for some 'users of the drug,' then they need to open their minds/appreciation for a broader pallet of life's experience in general.  Either way, when they do, the obsessing over "petty snow" (as you call it, but it's petty anything really) goes away pretty quick.  Focus redirects to bigger ticket show items, convection items, heat or cold, the Celtics the Patriots, the holocaust dystopian political landscape that's hit America like an asteroid impact...to relationship/social and back, all of it, that bandwidth is given to life (for lack of better word).

Buuut, in the end, this is a public attraction ... for those that are attracted to it.  The moderating is softer.  It has to be (no offense to ya'all).  This site became a profit vehicle shortly after it speciated off of Eastern moons ago, and when that happened...the site makes money off of ad revenues; and that enterprise is ultimately based upon the number of mouse clicks; not screening out users from clicking mice ;).   

Point being, it's almost futile to really even discuss it because one can be spot on correct in these observations, then there are two schools:  don't contribute and move on into other pass-times; or, it won't change the fact that if it is a maturation issue, then it's a natural process that takes time at the individual level, but will never go away.  blah blah. 

Ahhhh......warm air so close but yet so far.  47F low overcast.  Had about .10" shower earlier.  How far north will the warm front get into CNE this afternoon.  Love to share in the warmth but can't complain with my 65F yesterday.   

CONGRATS BOSTON  highest Feb temp ever.  Let's see if we can make 73 or 74F!

29 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't want to implicate/impugn anyone ...or be offensive in general, but it really is a maturation issue.  Funny you put it this way, Bob.

Some folks never really "outgrow" it...  Others do.   

It's just my opinion:  it comes down (mentality -wise) to opening one's appreciation up to other aspects of weather,

If that is impossible for some 'users of the drug,' then they need to open their minds/appreciation for a broader pallet of life's experience in general.  Either way, when they do, the obsessing over "petty snow" (as you call it, but it's petty anything really) goes away pretty quick.  Focus redirects to bigger ticket show items, convection items, heat or cold, the Celtics the Patriots, the holocaust dystopian political landscape that's hit America like an asteroid impact...to relationship/social and back, all of it, that bandwidth is given to life (for lack of better word).

Buuut, in the end, this is a public attraction ... for those that are attracted to it.  The moderating is softer.  It has to be (no offense to ya'all).  This site became a profit vehicle shortly after it speciated off of Eastern moons ago, and when that happened...the site makes money off of ad revenues; and that enterprise is ultimately based upon the number of mouse clicks; not screening out users from clicking mice ;).   

Point being, it's almost futile to really even discuss it because one can be spot on correct in these observations, then there are two schools:  don't contribute and move on into other pass-times; or, it won't change the fact that if it is a maturation issue, then it's a natural process that takes time at the individual level, but will never go away.  blah blah. 

Or some actually have multiple ways to enjoy winter as aneeded outlet for exercise or income. Others have a appreciation for the beauty of white winter landscapes versus brown stick season. To each his own but it really has zero to do with the maturation process. 

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Or some actually have multiple ways to enjoy winter as aneeded outlet for exercise or income. Others have a appreciation for the beauty of white winter landscapes versus brown stick season. To each his own but it really has zero to do with the maturation process. 

Yea, I dont know where he gets that from. 

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

As I get older, the more I despise snow and having to deal with it.  I'm dome with petty snowstorms.  All I care for is blizzards and than have it melt away in a couple days.

I don't think of it as a maturation issue, as Tip noted, when I was younger I disliked having to do the work of cleaning up more than I do now.  I'm on the Ginx train, I enjoy the recreation and beauty of it.  I also enjoy the recreation and beauty provided by a Vermont summer too.  I hate the middle though and have no use for much of late March through early May.  If I ever get to the point of being able to spend time somewhere else, I would go south from March 15th to May 15th, which also coincides with nicest time of year in my birth state of Georgia.

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I don't think of it as a maturation issue, as Tip noted, when I was younger I disliked having to do the work of cleaning up more than I do now.  I'm on the Ginx train, I enjoy the recreation and beauty of it.  I also enjoy the recreation and beauty provided by a Vermont summer too.  I hate the middle though and have no use for much of late March through early May.  If I ever get to the point of being able to spend time somewhere else, I would go south from March 15th to May 15th, which also coincides with nicest time of year in my birth state of Georgia.

In the modeling world, Its called the dead zone.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Old people FTL.

Not all. I rode the lift with a 82 year old last week. There were a lot of 60 plus folks out there enjoying life.  The exercise snow brings certainly is an added benefit.  Moving it around gets your body moving. Seasons in season's,raking the yard and debris winter brought today

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Not all. I rode the lift with a 82 year old last week. There were a lot of 60 plus folks out there enjoying life.  The exercise snow brings certainly is an added benefit.  Moving it around gets your body moving. Seasons in season's,raking the yard and debris winter brought today

Pics of yard please!

Archived