Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

fyi for mods, got a spam PM from someone claiming to be a Rev at a church asking for $15mil investment to be a partner. I must "fear God" to qualify. apparently if I had the $15mil, that would not be enough. 

Yeah we were informed. Happened to someone else too. We banned the poster. 

44 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone want to go chasing a 100" event in the Tughill tonight? Got 3 people that are heading up there tonight. They have 6-7' on the ground there right now.

Ah, that would explain it.  Driving in to work eastbound on I-90 this morning, a veritable parade of pickups towing trailers heading west.  Passing my neighbor's house on the way out where his trailer normally sits was a big pile of power tools and stuff, the sleds parked there were gone.  I'm thinking a lot of people's contractors didn't show up on site today.  

Just now, dendrite said:

It's pretty cool for about 24-48hrs and then you're wondering where the hell it all went. Especially if you throw some warm rain on top of it like from this upcoming system. 80" to 8" in no time.

it completely sublimates off a snow covered coat within a few minutes after walking inside. it also squeaks under your feet

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

It's pretty cool for about 24-48hrs and then you're wondering where the hell it all went. Especially if you throw some warm rain on top of it like from this upcoming system. 80" to 8" in no time.

A lot cooler than the 15-20" of crap that's fallen around here this year

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

From my winter forecast issued in Oct:

February:
After a cold start, I think winter abruptly ends rather dramatically somewhere around the middle of the month ,and things flip to early spring by latter half of month and March. 

What about your epic December and crappy January call? Does that not count? 

Archived