Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I have 8 kids and 17 grandkids and have respect for each and treat them as equals .You getting butt hurt about "man snow" is about silly as it gets. Every where I go personally, work or home ,people are treated as equals.I don't know your personal situation. Obviously inequalities exist in your life and many others , but there is also a lot of made up faux outrage. I will stick up for Scott here, it's a colloquial saying and has no negative connotation towards women. I am sure you know Men tend to be much more rougher and less refined than women. It's simply an indication of the ragged rough type of snow. More importantly there is no such thing as women snow which further indicates the term is indeed gender specific not to be construed as a slight towards women. You obviously have an issue with Scott but take it from me. You won't find a better person to be a Father,husband. Of course It's your right to bring up gender issues when appropriate but in in this case give me a break.

Great about your kids and all. It's not faux outrage, or "butt hurt" (BTW, great butt reference) but was about some dude talking up "man snow" as an armchair quarterback, ****ting on the "Smuggs webcam shows 4" today bull$****" comment. I am that comment- 4" at Smuggs is good for me. Why? because 4" at Smuggs adds up to 20" in a week, and I go hike up a goddamn mountain and ski that **** "like a real man".  Gonna sound egotistical here, but I don't buy lift tickets. I don't ski the resorts. I was calling out the bull****.

But maybe Scott, or whatever his name is, needs to think about how he talks- and you do too.  I don't care how many kids you have, or he has, or how great a guy both of you are- the world doesn't care. I'm just saying he talks about "real man snow" from his computer desk. And there's nothing "manly" about being a spectator within the Boston beltway, just talking and talking- that's all most of the people around here do. Effectively, you talk about chopping wood, but there's a lot of round logs sitting behind the barn. What's the point of talking about chopping wood?  Or having it snow? You just talk.   So maybe just drop some adjectives, and realize when you're just a spectator. 

Leave the talk of deep "man" snow, up in the mountains and elsewhere, to the PEOPLE that actually do more than talk.

11 minutes ago, ono said:

Great about your kids and all. It's not faux outrage, or "butt hurt" (BTW, great butt reference) but was about some dude talking up "man snow" as an armchair quarterback, ****ting on the "Smuggs webcam shows 4" today bull$****" comment. I am that comment- 4" at Smuggs is good for me. Why? because 4" at Smuggs adds up to 20" in a week, and I go hike up a goddamn mountain and ski that **** "like a real man".  Gonna sound egotistical here, but I don't buy lift tickets. I don't ski the resorts. I was calling out the bull****.

But maybe Scott, or whatever his name is, needs to think about how he talks- and you do too.  I don't care how many kids you have, or he has, or how great a guy both of you are- the world doesn't care. I'm just saying he talks about "real man snow" from his computer desk. And there's nothing "manly" about being a spectator within the Boston beltway, just talking and talking- that's all most of the people around here do. Effectively, you talk about chopping wood, but there's a lot of round logs sitting behind the barn. What's the point of talking about chopping wood?  Or having it snow? You just talk.   So maybe just drop some adjectives, and realize when you're just a spectator. 

Leave the talk of deep "man" snow, up in the mountains and elsewhere, to the PEOPLE that actually do more than talk.

Lol geez. FYI I have been skiing since I was 10 years old and pretty sure I do a lot more than talk. So the word butt is offensive to you too huh? Hmm seems like you need a safe place. SMDH lighten up. And  ha at you thinking you speak for the world.

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol geez. FYI I have been skiing since I was 10 years old and pretty sure I do a lot more than talk. So the word butt is offensive to you too huh? Hmm seems like you need a safe place. SMDH lighten up. And  ha at you thinking you speak for the world.

I don't care how long you've been skiing. Look at what I wrote. Don't pull a red herring. Don't try some safe space bull**** on me- I'm calling out the claim of  "Man's snow" when all  some folks  do is look at a computer screen and talk about snow, but don't actually do anything that makes you more of a  "man". It doesn't snow. You b**ch.  The antithesis of being a "man." In high school, we'd call you "posers" or, "poseurs." 

Looking at a computer screen, or some weather model, and bitching incessantly about when it's gonna snow? That's "manly"?  Seems like this place is a "safe space" then for some "grown" men.

So drop the BS and be honest.  I'm saying drop the BS, this place has, effectively, very few women participating- and it would be much improved if that changed. Stop the bull****. You're ready for that, right?

charmed life for nyc snow enthusiasts rolls right along, partner visiting family in nyc area reported almost two inches yesterday and still had proof on the car after arriving back home in dv, I continue to raise my glass to that area

and they get to be well above avg with lots of snow too...win win

6 hours ago, ono said:

I don't care how long you've been skiing. Look at what I wrote. Don't pull a red herring. Don't try some safe space bull**** on me- I'm calling out the claim of  "Man's snow" when all  some folks  do is look at a computer screen and talk about snow, but don't actually do anything that makes you more of a  "man". It doesn't snow. You b**ch.  The antithesis of being a "man." In high school, we'd call you "posers" or, "poseurs." 

Looking at a computer screen, or some weather model, and bitching incessantly about when it's gonna snow? That's "manly"?  Seems like this place is a "safe space" then for some "grown" men.

So drop the BS and be honest.  I'm saying drop the BS, this place has, effectively, very few women participating- and it would be much improved if that changed. Stop the bull****. You're ready for that, right?

Lighten up Francis.

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I've reviewed the latest models..... I have one word 

PORKED......did I say that already?  Bring on SVR please...or are we gonna be porked on that too.....probably,....

The countdown to May thread is up. Why don't you go hang out in there for the next few months. 

Archived