Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Jesus, do you realize what some of you are doing??? Each response is upping the hostility and you are forming a gang mentality to drive away and intimidate another member. How the **** do you find that acceptable? It is not acceptable. There was a misunderstand in the term man snow. Which could have been simply solved by Scott clarifying his thoughts/feelings behind the term and that he wasn't trying to perpetuate gender inequality. But now a lot you are freaking out and it's become a mini post war. I'm not a fan of ganging up and using aggression to either drive a member away or at least into submission to the point where they don't feel comfortable talking about certain things...regardless of how this all started, the gang mentality is wrong and needs to be stopped

Get in my suite kitchen and make me some breakfast. I'm hungover from jelloshots. ;)

23 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Jesus, do you realize what some of you are doing??? Each response is upping the hostility and you are forming a gang mentality to drive away and intimidate another member. How the **** do you find that acceptable? It is not acceptable. There was a misunderstand in the term man snow. Which could have been simply solved by Scott clarifying his thoughts/feelings behind the term and that he wasn't trying to perpetuate gender inequality. But now a lot you are freaking out and it's become a mini post war. I'm not a fan of ganging up and using aggression to either drive a member away or at least into submission to the point where they don't feel comfortable talking about certain things...regardless of how this all started, the gang mentality is wrong and needs to be stopped

The term mansnow was clarified when it was first originated. Just a term for heavy duty snow or snow pack. It was meant for fun. Honestly, what the hell do you think that meant? Did it really need clarification? 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What's for dinner pre Pats? Having the crew over for the games. Different makes of grill cheese for snacks and then hot wings. Good luck 

Not sure. I've been on the paleo/primal bandwagon for a couple of years now so I'm on a different island food and snack wise. I'll probably have a huge salad with chicken, avocado, eggs, etc and snack on some macadamia nuts. That's how I roll these days. It's the Texans so nothing extravagant. If they make the SB we'll up the ante...maybe slow cook a lamb leg or something.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The term mansnow was clarified when it was first originated. Just a term for heavy duty snow or snow pack. It was meant for fun. Honestly, what the hell do you think that meant? Did it really need clarification? 

Cindy Fitzgibbon just left the board.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What's for dinner pre Pats? Having the crew over for the games. Different makes of grill cheese for snacks and then hot wings. Good luck 

Libations and some snackies here for the prelim. The big one is next Sunday at 6.30.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not sure. I've been on the paleo/primal bandwagon for a couple of years now so I'm on a different island food and snack wise. I'll probably have a huge salad with chicken, avocado, eggs, etc and snack on some macadamia nuts. That's how I roll these days. It's the Texans so nothing extravagant. If they make the SB we'll up the ante...maybe slow cook a lamb leg or something.

I was on that type of diet for a year. Pretty awesome. Lamb yuck. Lol I know what you mean but don't overlook the Texans D 

39 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dig hole so diameter of the hole is 3 times the width of the post (i.e., the hole for a 4” wood post should be about 12 inches wide). The depth of the hole should be 1/4-1/3 the post height above ground (i.e., a 12-foot pole would require a hole depth of at least 3 feet. Use quickrete

This is what I'm planning to do with mine in the spring. Right now I built a base and have a 6' 4X4 with a 10' peice of conduit attached for my anemometer. It gets the anemometer up about 14'. I may get a repeater and put the anemometer on the roof, but I don't live in a windy spot so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. 

Just now, wx2fish said:

This is what I'm planning to do with mine in the spring. Right now I built a base and have a 6' 4X4 with a 10' peice of conduit attached for my anemometer. It gets the anemometer up about 14'. I may get a repeater and put the anemometer on the roof, but I don't live in a windy spot so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. 

My setup at work is ideal because of flat roof access. No obstructions for a 1/4 mile. I ordered a new Davis for home and plan to do the same as you. My old anemometer broke a cup  in Sandy.

...Moses what a single-storm induced roof collapse problem that is on the 12z GFS in the la-la range...huh -

Miller A with marginal atmosphere that edges on the colder side, comes from the Gulf ...hauling the riches of plausible theta-e air right up into a polar high entrenched intrior NE and New England atmosphere.  That's like 30" of 10::1ness

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but I do want to make it clear to all of the women posters and lurkers out there that we want you here. I never have considered this a man forum. For some reason the weather community has been biased more heavily men than women since the beginning of the internet so it isn't an Amex thing. You see similar ratios in met programs too. If you ever feel uncomfortable about something here and don't want to bring it up publicly feel free to PM me your concerns.

11 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

Agree. OTOH with Brock Osweiler manning the helm for the opposition it's hard not to feel overconfident.

Y'all are gonna win easily. Texans are horrible. I wouldn't be shocked if they hung around for a half but sans Brady and several other guys getting injured or a string of fluke turnovers...it ain't happening. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dig hole so diameter of the hole is 3 times the width of the post (i.e., the hole for a 4” wood post should be about 12 inches wide). The depth of the hole should be 1/4-1/3 the post height above ground (i.e., a 12-foot pole would require a hole depth of at least 3 feet. Use quickrete

thanks, and I assume I would put it in the most open space I have away from any obstructions.

Archived