Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Stomach bug is going around. After I got  over it earlier this week, had the pleasure of cleaning up my son's crime scene this evening on the carpet.  I hear it's going wild.

Had it back in November. Awful. 

On 1/11/2017 at 11:51 AM, CoastalWx said:

Now that's man stuff. None of this "Oooh...look at the Smuggs webcam..they got 4" of fluff last night!" bullsh*t. 

yeah, beat on vicarious chest watching models of the Sierra once-in-ten-year. But it's not so bad actually going up for a hike up a mountain ski that "4" of bullsh*t like a real man/woman and enjoy it. But we'll have none of that, here. Armchair, lift chair and car seats only, boys.   sorry, but the "man snow" comment speaks to a boys clubby BS 'round here that just doesn't sit. Half the population doesn't really seem to have an interest in participating. We could call "man snow" just "snow" or " a lot of snow"

Seems small, and I don't want to single anyone out... but there's hundreds of guys on this website and how many women? Maybe there's a reason they don't participate. Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Close the shades, secure them so they don't fly open, check back to see if you can start thinking about letting them up in 10-14 days.

I'm pretty sure the banter thread is the only things that's going to have much action until close to the end of the month.  Hopefully, it'll be just a 2-week hiatus from snow.

My Lord, 10.5-foot sea-level rises coming to a New England community near you. 

I want my next job to be a 'climate scientist'.  Not much accountability in saying how things are going to be 100-200 years from now.  Another tough day at the office....

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/01/12/northeast-will-experience-faster-warming-from-climate-change-new-study-finds/nitce6eK8zqQN2LXZXgvwK/story.html

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In the meantime get out and wash and wax the vehicles..No salt on the road..all snowbanks gone..Mine will be looking like it came off the show room floor later today

I need to get rid of the ice pack on the driveway and road...its rugged out there this morning.  All rutted and now frozen again.  That stuff is impossible to melt.  Would've thought yesterday's 50F would've done it but its not even close.

Man, that norovirus hits like clockwork every year, and spreads like wild fire...nothing like sitting on the toilet while you puke into a bucket...no mercy for the littleones...on another note, a read an article last night that said a 70 year old woman died from a bacterial infection that is resistant to all known antibiotics...we are all doomed

Archived