Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Tomorrow will be a real killer with the dews climbing well into the 40s and more rain. I'm anxious to see my driveway again though.

Yeah the glare ice on all walking surfaces and my road could definitely melt off with no complaints.  

I'm thinking I'll at least see parts of the yard (if not a lot of it) by the time this all ends.  Can already see under the big evergreens there are a couple grass blades where the snow doesn't reach.

Probably will lose 6-8" of pack between yesterday morning and Friday morning, though that still leaves over a foot.  January total snowfall now 4.3", and even though there's 21 days remaining, recent GFS runs suggest near zero accum thru about 1/27, so Jan 13 (5.7") and 14 (5.1") may be in jeopardy.  NOT the record I want to break, so I'm hoping the clown-range portion of those runs is out to lunch.

Edit:  Last month was the 6th Dec with 30"+ snowfall.  Two of those, 07 and 08, were followed by decent Jan snow, but the other three, 03, 12, 13, are my 3 least snowy of 18 Januarys, and don't reach my Jan average even when all are 3 are combined.

Anyone here been to Iceland? Have trip planned for first week of Feb. Any suggestions for points of interest? Have plans to do ice cave tours. Think the lady wants to do Blue Lagoon.  Otherwise going to play it by ear. Any suggestions? Like to get off the beaten path as much as possible.

Wish the wind would keep up here so we could get some increased melting on the driveway. The S wind picks up for 10 minutes and we shoot up into the mid 40s, but then it dies off and we drop back down into the u30s. The Woodstock RWIS is 33F and 1P1 36F. Meanwhile above 1kft it's 50F+.

Archived