Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No idea, it sounded like some were from the tone of the response posts.

Well there was the typical "they're terrible" posts. I know I was explaining if from the NWS's perspective how difficult it is to get a P&C to accurately show your backyard on a night like that. Unless we get grid boxes to picnic table resolution, it will never happen.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Luckily that fake 2.5" QPF upslope snow event put down the 20" snowpack at the base of the mountain back in early December happened as that's what we've been surviving on over other ski areas haha.

It's basically anything that happens very locally is fake lol.  Radiation cold, OES/LES/upslope, downslope warming into BDL/E.MA, all fake in the larger synoptic picture.

Or is it fake if it doesn't happen in KTOLLA?  I like that description better, lol.

yeah, sometimes the upslope has solid qpf but that and lake effect (buffalo october event a few years back) is the butt of a lot of weather jokes.....as fluffy as several feet of lake effect is....I dare someone with a big truck to drive right through it

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Just drove through there from Tilton over to 127 and back home.  32 in Tilton, 27 in Franklin, 29 here and light snow just starting to coat.

We've been bouncing between 27F and 30F for a few hours. They still haven't really mixed out NE of here into the lakes region.

Is a Hudson Bay block good for us?  I can't post the image (or assuming I can't anyway) but someone posted today's  Euro ensemble 11-15 day 500mb mean and it shows a massive block over the Hudson Bay with the higher height anomalies extending into the northeast and has a substantial trough (+EPO/+PNA) across Alaska, eastern Pacific, and western US and people are going nuts over it...I'm not so inclined to think this way.  Wouldn't you want the blocking more like over or east of Greenland? 

Archived