Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a weather station for christmas...acurite 5 in 1...has an anemometer and a precipitation guage...however, I have no tools so I can't mount it and set it up...annoyed I missed this wind event...it was ripping here in Plymouth...it started rather abruptly last night...was in the basement watching the boob tube, and I kept having to turn the TV up because the wind gusts were so loud.

18 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I got a weather station for christmas...acurite 5 in 1...has an anemometer and a precipitation guage...however, I have no tools so I can't mount it and set it up...annoyed I missed this wind event...it was ripping here in Plymouth...it started rather abruptly last night...was in the basement watching the boob tube, and I kept having to turn the TV up because the wind gusts were so loud.

I got an Acurite too but only the indoor/outdoor thermometer with the "forecast" feature. I did have to mount the sensor in my normal dubious spot underneath the back deck. It's about 5' above ground and not in direct sun but it's too close to the house. Anyway, it says we got up to 47F at some point and we are back down to 40F now. 

15 minutes ago, MarkO said:

43.7 for a high today, but might have missed a high due to low battery in transmitter. Replaced battery in Davis, but still saying low battery transmitter??? Anyway, already on the cool down 41.1/33

May need to replace the solar board. Happened to me couple years ago. My Davis is 12 years old.

MY vantage Vue(Davis) is 2-years old, seems I replace battery once a year, its only 15ft off the ground, but a pain, and of course does it usually around now!

I'll bet it's the board. Same thing happened to me. Battery used to last a few years then only a year or so, then eventually several months. Replaced the board and have been on the same battery ever since. You may want to call Davis and ask.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

What a fukking blood bath!  Mid 50s in the hill towns of CT, nearing 60 in the valleys.  Old snow piles crying for their mamas.

Weathered the storm at the Pit.  4" on the ground, roofs have even retained the snow.  Just the same i'm eager for a refresher to replenish.

20161227_151506.jpg

Archived