Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Well here it is, the well anticipated post. I started lurking for awhile in 2006. I joined just before the icestorm in 2008 and I remember immediately giving a few thoughts on the impending ice, to which I assume most of you thought.."who the hell is this d-bag." LOL.  The thing is, I love weather. I enjoy not only experiencing it, but talking about it. This forum (and board too for that matter) has top notch mets which to me..was like a kid in a candy store.  I couldn't wait to join and weenie out with others. I've learned quite a bit through others and their expertise. As a met, you can't expect to know everything. Those who have a passion, learn through experience and take notes from others.  The forum gives myself and others a chance to learn from the expertise of other meteorologists and that's why it's a powerful thing. I am not a big facebook and twitter guy. You can easily put together 30-40k tweets easily over a few years. Some do that, but I tend to stick to the board..esp in the cold season. Many of you I have met and have gotten to know very well. I consider many of you good friends. Others I have not met, but we all share the disease that is snow. Even Mr yellow pixel in Laconia. So while the posts have racked up...I consider the board a great value and I thoroughly enjoy interacting on it with people from all over the country.

Go snow.

congratulations Scott, you are a great asset to the board- always look forward to reading your posts !

to another 100k :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

With things being busy, wife and son commandeering my laptop, and dam attachment space always running out...I haven't posted a lot of good graphics and text to go along with it like I used to. I'll try to get more quality posts this winter...I think they can be a good learning tool.

All good. You only have so much time before the next kid comes and it's back to square one. Utilize that "free time" wisely. 

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well here it is, the well anticipated post. I started lurking for awhile in 2006. I joined just before the icestorm in 2008 and I remember immediately giving a few thoughts on the impending ice, to which I assume most of you thought.."who the hell is this d-bag." LOL.  The thing is, I love weather. I enjoy not only experiencing it, but talking about it. This forum (and board too for that matter) has top notch mets which to me..was like a kid in a candy store.  I couldn't wait to join and weenie out with others. I've learned quite a bit through others and their expertise. As a met, you can't expect to know everything. Those who have a passion, learn through experience and take notes from others.  The forum gives myself and others a chance to learn from the expertise of other meteorologists and that's why it's a powerful thing. I am not a big facebook and twitter guy. You can easily put together 30-40k tweets easily over a few years. Some do that, but I tend to stick to the board..esp in the cold season. Many of you I have met and have gotten to know very well. I consider many of you good friends. Others I have not met, but we all share the disease that is snow. Even Mr yellow pixel in Laconia. So while the posts have racked up...I consider the board a great value and I thoroughly enjoy interacting on it with people from all over the country.

Go snow.

This board is awesome , and you and all the mets  who regularly contribute and share your knowledge and expertise are one of the main reasons why.  Merry Christmas and here's to 100K more

26 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Same--drippy drip all day here..Pretty much upper 30s since 10am and still 37F.

Yeah, I was in Lebanon, NH this morning when there was a nice burst of snow like was reported by the NH crew but it was relatively short lived and it's been mid thirties ever since. 

Archived