Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

On PB? It won't let me do it from my phone anymore. Something on the board software eliminates a few of the characters when you copy and paste the URL

I don't use photobucket.  I post directly from the photos on my phone.  It's just a matter of making sure they are not too big which requires setting to a lower resolution as most phones have super high resolutions that create files much too large to upload.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, moneypitmike said:

I don't use photobucket.  I post directly from the photos on my phone.  It's just a matter of making sure they are not too big which requires setting to a lower resolution as most phones have super high resolutions that create files much too large to upload.

I'd rather not do that. maybe it's iPhone 7, but it always worked perfectly from PB..but since they switched the board software, it hasn't worked.

Well here it is, the well anticipated post. I started lurking for awhile in 2006. I joined just before the icestorm in 2008 and I remember immediately giving a few thoughts on the impending ice, to which I assume most of you thought.."who the hell is this d-bag." LOL.  The thing is, I love weather. I enjoy not only experiencing it, but talking about it. This forum (and board too for that matter) has top notch mets which to me..was like a kid in a candy store.  I couldn't wait to join and weenie out with others. I've learned quite a bit through others and their expertise. As a met, you can't expect to know everything. Those who have a passion, learn through experience and take notes from others.  The forum gives myself and others a chance to learn from the expertise of other meteorologists and that's why it's a powerful thing. I am not a big facebook and twitter guy. You can easily put together 30-40k tweets easily over a few years. Some do that, but I tend to stick to the board..esp in the cold season. Many of you I have met and have gotten to know very well. I consider many of you good friends. Others I have not met, but we all share the disease that is snow. Even Mr yellow pixel in Laconia. So while the posts have racked up...I consider the board a great value and I thoroughly enjoy interacting on it with people from all over the country.

Go snow.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well here it is, the well anticipated post. I started lurking for awhile in 2006. I joined just before the icestorm in 2008 and I remember immediately giving a few thoughts on the impending ice, to which I assume most of you thought.."who the hell is this d-bag." LOL.  The thing is, I love weather. I enjoy not only experiencing it, but talking about it. This forum (and board too for that matter) has top notch mets which to me..was like a kid in a candy store.  I couldn't wait to join and weenie out with others. I've learned quite a bit through others and their expertise. As a met, you can't expect to know everything. Those who have a passion, learn through experience and take notes from others.  The forum gives myself and others a chance to learn from the expertise of other meteorologists and that's why it's a powerful thing. I am not a big facebook and twitter guy. You can easily put together 30-40k tweets easily over a few years. Some do that, but I tend to stick to the board..esp in the cold season. Many of you I have met and have gotten to know very well. I consider many of you good friends. Others I have not met, but we all share the disease that is snow. Even Mr yellow pixel in Laconia. So while the posts have racked up...I consider the board a great value and I thoroughly enjoy interacting on it with people from all over the country.

Go snow.

I think I'm going to cry..... :)

Congrats on 100k Scott.  I want your 100,001 post talk about huge amounts of snow coming our way this week.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

longest post from you I can recall, ha.

Seriously though, a great contributor to the forum from pro thoughts to the occassional weenie out. Keep on trucking.

With things being busy, wife and son commandeering my laptop, and dam attachment space always running out...I haven't posted a lot of good graphics and text to go along with it like I used to. I'll try to get more quality posts this winter...I think they can be a good learning tool.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Go snow.

Well said and congrats on the milestone. Best wishes for another Feb '15 before you hit 200k. 

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Go snow.

meh.

Was expecting a flashback retrospective including various photographic states of sadness and euphoria, peaking with you wearing a thong jumping into a 5 foot snowbank during your epic winter a few years back.

...tears were still shed but mainly because it is raining on Christmas Eve.

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Go snow.

Congratulations Scott!!  100,000 posts is amazing!!  What a great post as well..I agree with everything you said!!  I've never met you in person, but hope to come to a get together at some point, and meet you and all the other guys in person.  You, along with some others, are a very knowledgeable MET!  You are reasonable and level headed..your posts are very appreciated.  Thanks for such a significant contribution.  

W.W.

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Go snow.

The legend!   A milestone well deserved!

Extremely heavy snow band just past though.  1/2" in 10 minutes.   31.5F light snow right now.   My tree line is about 500 feet away in this picture.  Sorry guys down in SNE.  I had to endure watching your 115" winter a couple of years ago while everything missed to my south.  

snow.jpg

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We'll give you the pennies and nickels. 

Well Scott they were quarters and even silver dollars in there.  I always wanted to see baseball sized flakes.  There are U tube videos of the largest hail,  I'm going to have to search for videos of the largest flakes ever recorded!

Archived