SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see some now obs.  I thought I'd check in here to see how the convo differs from the mid-Atlantic forum since I may end up in VT in the next few years.  It will be nice to be that much further away from the dreaded SE ridge and cash in on more Miller B's...

It won't last but I'm not used to seeing me, MPM and Lurker in the top 10 on the NE snow table. 

The snow line this morning did not go much further S of Greenfield.  Maybe 1" in Deerfield,  .5" in Northampton.  One of the guys upstairs from the brewery was out in the Berkshires this morning and said there is more snow on the otg in Greenfield than Savoy.  That is an anomaly.

It was nice to come home to snow still in the trees and driveway though.  I sincerely wish every weenie here had a yard full of snow for Christmas but I think we all will enjoy January.

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It won't last but I'm not used to seeing me, MPM and Lurker in the top 10 on the NE snow table. 

The snow line this morning did not go much further S of Greenfield.  Maybe 1" in Deerfield,  .5" in Northampton.  One of the guys upstairs from the brewery was out in the Berkshires this morning and said there is more snow on the otg in Greenfield than Savoy.  That is an anomaly.

It was nice to come home to snow still in the trees and driveway though.  I sincerely wish every weenie here had a yard full of snow for Christmas but I think we all will enjoy January.

This.  I was down shopping in Hadley.  As I approached Greenfield, the trees became snow-covered and it was a winter wonderland all the way from the rotary to the Pit.

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This.  I was down shopping in Hadley.  As I approached Greenfield, the trees became snow-covered and it was a winter wonderland all the way from the rotary to the Pit.

See any of my nice green trash bags at the curb when you went thru So Hadley?

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Been snowing all evening though not amounting to a whole lot.  With a solid white mantel on the ground, the mood snow is sweet.  Video of flakes on Stowe's IG feed is from my back deck.  Been doing it all evening.  Absolutely nothing snowing up on radar.

What's IG feed

3 hours ago, das said:

Nice to see some now obs.  I thought I'd check in here to see how the convo differs from the mid-Atlantic forum since I may end up in VT in the next few years.  It will be nice to be that much further away from the dreaded SE ridge and cash in on more Miller B's...

Lots of difference micro climates throughout the state--pick wisely when and if you do come here. I moved here 2 years ago and was kind of clueless at first at how different the various locations can be.

Hope springs eternal for a festivus miracle. 

Torch day underway today though.

32.6 already.

EDIT:

Does anyone know how to clear their clipboard?  I copy the Max potential image from BOX, but the one that keeps getting pasted here is the one from last weekend.  TIA for any advice (I'm using firefox).

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Hope springs eternal for a festivus miracle. 

Torch day underway today though.

32.6 already.

EDIT:

Does anyone know how to clear their clipboard?  I copy the Max potential image from BOX, but the one that keeps getting pasted here is the one from last weekend.  TIA for any advice (I'm using firefox).

Maybe save it locally, change the name and then post it?

Archived