Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

28 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My wife left for Maine at 8:00am.--just after the heavy stuff started.  I'm afraid she might be in SN+ the entire way.  She'll keep me as I pooh-poohed the event.

It's been snowing pretty hard here for the last half an hour or so.  Don't know about points further south, but I'd imagine she'll be in it the whole time.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I left the cabin last Saturday, snow was just shy of a foot deep. I'm sure it compacted and melted since then, but sure it's dense man snow now with a couple inches of fluff. Anyway, no sooner had I posted about the flurries despite heavier echoes, intensity picked up,. Everything white now, nice coating. Lift's ones spirits. Just wish it was afternoon and I could pour me a spirit.

5 minutes ago, MarkO said:

When I left the cabin last Saturday, snow was just shy of a foot deep. I'm sure it compacted and melted since then, but sure it's dense man snow now with a couple inches of fluff. Anyway, no sooner had I posted about the flurries despite heavier echoes, intensity picked up,. Everything white now, nice coating. Lift's ones spirits. Just wish it was afternoon and I could pour me a spirit.

Be like Don Draper and start now.

8 minutes ago, MarkO said:

The bars are open in Dublin, that's all I need to know

9:30am Dec 22, 2016. 6 days later after the 4.5" of snow and 50s, fog and drizzle.

Still hanging around here in SW CT

plNVk60h.jpg

C0Sa90oVQAAJ4Ys.jpg

Patches of white on the map is deceiving when you're actually driving around. lol

v4ot8vq.jpg

Forgot about this site. Shows the snow on ground well for the CT panhandle.

[URL="http://www.weatherstreet.com/city_snow_depth/06101-Hartford-CT-snow-depth.htm"]Hartford, CT 06101 Area Snow Depth[/URL]

Just hit 40° IMBY. (46 at Bridgeport)

FaKytAQ.jpg

Archived