Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

What a squall . Blinding snows ripping winds temp down to 15.

a Ginx naked special 

The ones tonight could be even better. Poor snow growth because of the low level lift and wind will probably produce a bunch of tiny flakes. Whip those fine flakes around and really turn it into a white out. 

2 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

130,000 strong.  It's cool to live in snow county and get the advantage of "city living" at the same time. 

I'd love to see the countryside in Newfoundland and Labrador. Pictures of the fjords and mountains, as well as the snowpack in Feb 2015, are incredibly impressive.

My dream is to go to Torngat Mountains National Park. The tip of northern Labrador looks incredibly gorgeous with the border between the northern coniferous and arctic/tundra ecosystems, as well ad the steep cliffs, whale watching, and snowcapped peaks.

Have you been to any cool places up there?

21 minutes ago, nzucker said:

I'd love to see the countryside in Newfoundland and Labrador. Pictures of the fjords and mountains, as well as the snowpack in Feb 2015, are incredibly impressive.

My dream is to go to Torngat Mountains National Park. The tip of northern Labrador looks incredibly gorgeous with the border between the northern coniferous and arctic/tundra ecosystems, as well ad the steep cliffs, whale watching, and snowcapped peaks.

Have you been to any cool places up there?

I went to Bonavista this summer which is a 3 hour drive from here or so, it's the windiest sea level location in north america, maybe the world?  Mean speed of 20.6 mph. I have plans of going to Twilingate this summer on the north coast (iceberg capital) and perhaps Gros Morne National Park on the west coast.  No plans to go to Labrador at this time.  

the rt 8 corridor North of Waterbury got hammered yesterday with fropa squalls, and then agalast night, picked up over an inch total. driving down 8 yesterday morning was crazy..cars spun, visibility under a 1000 ft for a brief period. then around 11 last night, good gusts and heavy squalls..nice little whitening.

Archived