Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I easily believe it was a once in a 1000 year storm. Most incredible weather event of my life easily.

Anybody not familiar with that storm should read about it.  Amazing event.

I remember being really excited by it, but ultimately being underwhelmed as the storm took place. In South Jersey, we flipped to sleet and then rain before I think it ended with some snow and eventually froze into concrete.

Kind of meh when all was said and done, though I admit that my memory of it might be clouded by time and a lot of partying since then. :lol:

Just glancing at the record book......1917 was a CHILLY one out this way, lows for date range from -10 to -37!!!! The -37 is from Lewisburg, which is WV's coldest ever. White Sulphur Springs was -34 that morning to help 'confirm' that amazing number. The -10 was in Lexington, -20 in my town and in Hot Springs that am......pretty cold.

I'm excited guys... moved from Louisiana, went nearly an entire December now without snow, and finally got my first snow this morning. It was glorious. Now I am seeing there is a storm capable of putting a foot down where I live in Gaithersburg. I know I looked up snow averages and we only get 17" on average a year... I mean, can this really happen? I just can't wait to see if it pans out. 

11 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I'm excited guys... moved from Louisiana, went nearly an entire December now without snow, and finally got my first snow this morning. It was glorious. Now I am seeing there is a storm capable of putting a foot down where I live in Gaithersburg. I know I looked up snow averages and we only get 17" on average a year... I mean, can this really happen? I just can't wait to see if it pans out. 

17" a year sounds a bit low for your average.  Maybe that's the median.  I'd say your average is probably closer to 22-24".  

16 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Congrats- nothing like seeing snowflakes fall. Hopefully you will see a bunch more this season 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived