Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Clueless said:

We may have a less than stellar winter before us,  but the threads in the LR have been really good.  Thanks to everyone for putting in all the time and effort into them!

I skim through many of the regional forums often and I really feel like we have the best.  Good core group of posters in here, knowledgeable, and good for humor and a laugh, especially when its needed in a bad pattern.  And when its game time, the regulars in here, to me, know climo and their stuff more then any of the other regions. Add to that  Bob and Wes are two of the very best posters on American and were lucky to have them in here. 

16 hours ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Was just watching some old footage, how was the Feb 13th, 2014 storm around here? Mixing issues?

Good heavy-hitter overnight.  Even better rates than a couple of the big ones, but the drip-drip-drip of the following day downgrades it in many people's minds.  I don't remember a mix problem while it was going on.

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Good heavy-hitter overnight.  Even better rates than a couple of the big ones, but the drip-drip-drip of the following day downgrades it in many people's minds.  I don't remember a mix problem while it was going on.

I was up in PA that winter, but from reports around here that was a pretty good storm here.  About 16" from a crazy thump of snow early morning, then it did warm during the dry slot but only to 33 or so up here, then another 8" from the upper low energy that evening.  I think that was a storm that was much better for the NW half of our region.  That was the only storm that really bugged me that I missed that season. 

42 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Maybe Carbondale is in the interior of Ontario

Lol. That guy is a tool. I lived in northeast pa for 3 years. My wife is from that area.  I've skied elk 5 miles from him dozens of times. He doesn't know his own climo. His snow look isn't that different from ours just he needs the indices to be less negative or positive but still in the same general phase except he can do ok with the WAR because inland runners start and end as snow there.  He will also nickel and dime his way to decent totals from lake enhanced vort passes and back end stuff if it's at all cold. Hence his 60" avg or so. But thinking a raging +nao/epo is good there was rediculous. 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Lol. That guy is a tool. I lived in northeast pa for 3 years. My wife is from that area.  I've skied elk 5 miles from him dozens of times. He doesn't know his own climo. His snow look isn't that different from ours just he needs the indices to be less negative or positive but still in the same general phase except he can do ok with the WAR because inland runners start and end as snow there.  He will also nickel and dime his way to decent totals from lake enhanced vort passes and back end stuff if it's at all cold. Hence his 60" avg or so. But thinking a raging +nao/epo is good there was rediculous. 

He should try living in the Wyoming/Lackawanna Valleys - that'd give him a reality check!

9 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

That dripping with cold mist killed it for me. Then missing any decent snow from the ULL was the "chocolate" icing on a delicious cake.

why did i come into work for 4 hours on a friday?  i could be in bed right now.

Could be worse, my throat is so swollen that eating is difficult. Drinking anything is like a million needles in my throat, hell even breathing is labored. Yay!

Dr appointment at 1130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

Could be worse, my throat is so swollen that eating is difficult. Drinking anything is like a million needles in my throat, hell even breathing is labored. Yay!

Dr appointment at 1130.

My advice is to go to the mall and hug as many people as possible.  Christmas is all about giving.  So give your ebolazikastrep to others in the holiday spirit!!

Hope the doc gets you fixed up with some penicillin and you feel better real quick.  Sick on Xmas is no fun. :hug: 

Or just drink booze and numb the soreness away 

59 minutes ago, mappy said:

Dr appointment at 1130.

Man, that sucks.  Hope that the doc can hook you up with some good meds and you're feeling better fast. 

55 minutes ago, H2O said:

My advice is to go to the mall and hug as many people as possible.  Christmas is all about giving.  So give your ebolazikastrep to others in the holiday spirit!!

Hope the doc gets you fixed up with some penicillin and you feel better real quick.  Sick on Xmas is no fun. :hug: 

:lol: Just starting my return to the living today. And have been self quarantined at home all week.

Unbeknownst to us, we boarded and shared our cruise with Mr.Influenza.  Hit like a freight train 10 minutes prior to our flight home being cancelled due to the ice storm. Yay to spending 8 hours in the SJU airport with  a spiking fever. Then flying to pressurize all the crud into the sinuses and ears. The word misery, would be an understatement.

So, we got the flu in March and again in December. That makes 2 flu's in one phuking year.  Big pharma & the CDC can kiss my ass. Their flu shots are utter crap.

Would like to say we enjoyed the trip, but truth is, it was a cursed vacay from the get-go. But at least we brought home a couple bottles of booze, so there is that. 

Christmas postponed to NYE.  

*Whiney Grinch-like rant over*

Lifting my mug of tea and wishing everyone a joyful, safe and love filled Holiday! :hug:

Screenshot_2016-12-20-14-21-55.png

1 hour ago, H2O said:

:lol: Just starting my return to the living today. And have been self quarantined at home all week.

Unbeknownst to us, we boarded and shared our cruise with Mr.Influenza.  Hit like a freight train 10 minutes prior to our flight home being cancelled due to the ice storm. Yay to spending 8 hours in the SJU airport with  a spiking fever. Then flying to pressurize all the crud into the sinuses and ears. The word misery, would be an understatement.

So, we got the flu in March and again in December. That makes 2 flu's in one phuking year.  Big pharma & the CDC can kiss my ass. Their flu shots are utter crap.

Would like to say we enjoyed the trip, but truth is, it was a cursed vacay from the get-go. But at least we brought home a couple bottles of booze, so there is that. 

Christmas postponed to NYE.  

*Whiney Grinch-like rant over*

Lifting my mug of tea and wishing everyone a joyful, safe and love filled Holiday! :hug:

Screenshot_2016-12-20-14-21-55.png

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Dr appointment at 1130.

Ugh!!  Sounds like the nasty cold virus I got during Thanksgiving that's been going around...awful sore throat and nasty chest congestion.  Felt like I was swallowing a sword, and it hurt like hell to cough.

Hope you're better soon!!!

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

My kid gave an early Christmas gift, her strep throat. Waiting for meds now. Guess it was good I took today off as it was

:hug:At least I can hug ya and not worry about giving ya the flu.  :wub:

I hope you and the birthday girl feel better soon.  

18 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

You too, MiddleRvr...and hope you're feeling better soon as well!

Add a little sumpthin'-sumpthin' to that tea that has some "proof" in it, that may help as well! :D

Lolz, hot toddy suggestion noted.  Although  might put it off until the ears clear and the equilibrium returns ;)

My wife and in-laws got a stomach bug on Sunday night.  I was bracing for it, but it didn't get me the same way.  Now I kind of wish it had since they are fine and I still have a sour stomach.  Today will be the second day this week I will probably end up eating under 500 calories of the blandest food in the house (between saltines and cheerios).

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived