Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Wouldn't be any different than normal for me, haha. Heading on up there today for the move (yay). But I gotta say, I looked at the 16 day for the GFS the first time to day and I just have to remain hopeful that I am, in fact, moving to a place where snow occurs.

Good luck with the move...it's never a fun experience. Yeah you will definitely see snow here. It's a nice place to experience all the seasons, though personally the summers are too hot and humid for my liking. You'll fit right in though....

41 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

WBAL "met" Tom Tasselmyer posting snowfall output of the 384 HR GFS.  Stupid PR stunts like this are why no one trust on-air mets:  

In his defense, he was "talking" about the chances of a white Christmas and how different this year is from last.

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know brother I know...but you know how we are. Every day it doesn't snow is one less opportunity for us to have a good winter lol. 

Going back to the virus analogy. Ever since the catnip posts, more and more people have been getting infected. I was hoping we had squashed the spread after a good set of model runs, but as we learn every year, the panic virus is tricky. 

Also, there's NO way most of us could survive a shutout in the first two months of met winter. You're special ;) 

I think I have been innoculated from panicking.  Of course, no innoculation is ever 100% effective.   I think living in an area that averages ~ 36 inches annually helps.  Might be hard for some on here to believe but after a big fat somewhat overwhelming winter like 13/14 (82.75" IMBY) I find myself wishing for a much leaner winter to follow.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived