Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. I'm currently in GA but I may be going to Rehoboth Beach, DE for at least a few months very soon. I know that Coastal DE doesn't get nearly as much snow as areas further inland, but do they at least get some snow every winter ?  I'm having trouble finding snowfall records for Rehoboth Beach, but from what I see it looks like they average maybe around 12" per winter ? I haven't seen snow in 3 years and would love to see some snow this winter !

18 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Hey guys. I'm currently in GA but I may be going to Rehoboth Beach, DE for at least a few months very soon. I know that Coastal DE doesn't get nearly as much snow as areas further inland, but do they at least get some snow every winter ?  I'm having trouble finding snowfall records for Rehoboth Beach, but from what I see it looks like they average maybe around 12" per winter ? I haven't seen snow in 3 years and would love to see some snow this winter !

Hard to say. The beaches get a large portion of their snow from well placed nor'easters (which happen every 2-3 years) which skews the yearly average. If you are fortunate enough to catch one of them then you are good to go. Otherwise you can probably expect minimal amounts of snow. 

Banter:

Anyone who hasn't watched the series Westworld on HBO, i highly suggest.

1. the show is fantastic

2. the music is to die for

3. this theme song/intro is amazing in every way

... composer is the same guy who does a lot of GOT stuff. 

7 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Oh yeah we generally get about a foot per winter. We turn to rain frequently when others don't. But we do alright. Plus the Lewes- Rehoboth area is a great area 

It all depends on storm track. The big ones that dump on the cities usually at least mix for us if they don't charge over totally., but when there's a Arctic outbreak sometimes we cash in on the suppressed storms that miss Philadelphia and the like. For example, the Xmas storm of 2010 that screwed DC I ended up with a foot+ and near blizzard conditions; but during the big Kahana last year we got 5" before a change to a wind driven rain and 85mph wind gusts. So it all depends, but most of the time we get the short end of the stick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I realize that this is blasphemy - but I have been around too long in the Mid Atlantic.

We are seeing a lot of lake effect snow, and we have an ENSO Neutral signal.

One word for Washington this winter: OUCH!

I love snow but this pattern is not looking good.

If you live in the LES Belts or in the far NE or in the northern plains/midwest - get about twenty shovels. Dont forget to have about a thousand spare gaskets for the snowblowers. You're gonna need em up there.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived