• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2016 Obs

39 and rain. A 10-12 degree bust on temps. No matter how weak or shallow the wedge it always over performs on staying locked in. The warm nose that was going to be so strong and erode it away must have been pretty weak or something.

So Burrell you may continue to analyze future models!!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, oconeexman said:

39 and rain. A 10-12 degree bust on temps. No matter how weak or shallow the wedge it always over performs on staying locked in. The warm nose that was going to be so strong and erode it away must have been pretty weak or something.

So Burrell you may continue to analyze future models!!

Yeah , I only made it to 46 today and very minimal rain! Mid 60s tomorrow then back to highs in the 40s for a couple of days!

1 hour ago, burrel2 said:

Last pocket of cold air is still trapped behind the mountains here in my back yard. It's currently 50.1 at my house yet it's in the mid 60's 5 miles to my east.

Wedge finally broke, I went from 50 to 60.6 in 15 minutes as a Southwest wind started to blow. Temperature is literally going up .3 to .7 degree's with every minute update of my vantage station.

53 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Wedge finally broke, I went from 50 to 60.6 in 15 minutes as a Southwest wind started to blow. Temperature is literally going up .3 to .7 degree's with every minute update of my vantage station.

Bet the cold gets held up behind the mountains! I'm guessing I won't see 40s again till 8 or 10 tonight 

1 hour ago, nchighcountrywx said:

Even coastal Southern California is colder than NC and the NC High country this morning!

8B259wf.jpg

Simply incredible. Of course we're the ones left out. Heck, many areas in southern Mexico are colder than us. I saw it's 3 degrees right now near Norman OK, about our same latitude. These 60s suck big time. Simply isn't fair. 

35 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Simply incredible. Of course we're the ones left out. Heck, many areas in southern Mexico are colder than us. I saw it's 3 degrees right now near Norman OK, about our same latitude. These 60s suck big time. Simply isn't fair. 

We have seen this far to many times before.

Thermometer showed 70.4 degrees! I thought it was broken until I stepped outside... Wow, this feels more like a severe thunderstorm type of environment. Even had the sun to come out for 15 minutes. Now dark again. Line of rain is here. Going to be fun watching the mercury fall this afternoon and evening. Bring on the cold and rain.

1 hour ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Think about the money you are saving right now in home heating costs.... Don't worry that will end soon enough. A little ridging in the south east is ok. Just as long as it doesn't keep the cold from bleeding into our area.

35 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Think about the money you are saving right now in home heating costs.... Don't worry that will end soon enough. A little ridging in the south east is ok. Just as long as it doesn't keep the cold from bleeding into our area.

I'm at the point I would pay to see some single digits and below zero around here! :lol: 

Even with the fropa we'll only get a small piece of this this nationwide freezer box. Not sure it it's really shallow cold (which would keep it from really getting over the mountains) or if the SE ridge just is not going to give way, but we will still be in the 40s tomorrow and what, 30s at night? That is a very far cry from what everyone else is seeing - anything from 20s to -20s for highs today. Right now already down to some upper 20s in NW Alabama, we won't see that. This is truly an arctic airmass that is affecting about 90 percent of the country, and we are definitely gonna get the short end. While that's pretty normal for the South, it's a little hard to swallow when looking at other areas at our same latitude. 

11 minutes ago, J.C. said:

CAE reporting 81F, of course nowhere else around is reporting that high, I have 74F.  The 30s have entered the Atlanta area.

Per Wunderground, Columbia Owens reporting 82. 83 on Glenn Drive. GSP down to 65 after reaching 70 earlier. I'm currently at 61 after a high of 66. See a 27 in NW GA, at New Salem.

Archived